A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Burns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Burns is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Burns, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Burns graduated from Mercer University, Macon.
Dr. Burns has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Perry General Hospital
- Coliseum NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burns accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Peach State Health Plan - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 22 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans