Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Great Dr. show details Great Dr.
by Marge Lee on Aug 21st, 2009

Dr. Washington did a wonderful job on my husbands 5 way bypass and we can't thank him enough. No complications what so ever and after 3 months my husband was back playing softball 3 days a week.

DO NOT see this doctor EVER!!!!!!! show details DO NOT see this doctor EVER!!!!!!!
May 5th, 2009

After a botched open heart surgery on my dear father-dr. washington was no where to be found...I heard he was at home relaxing or something. My dad was only being kept alive by the machines that dr. washington had in place. After a day of this I knew my dad's wishes and decided to turn off the machines and was backed up by all of the staff at Oakwood Hospital. To my surprise I had to have dr. washington's okay first. He actually wanted to do many crazy treatments like dialosis and things on my dad that wasn't responding to anything. He told me---and you have to remember that I was deeply saddened and getting rundown at this point--he told me that by turning off the machines I was putting my father down like a dog! His exact words! I had to fight with this man for 2 days to let my dad rest. I finally won. My dad died peacefully with my hand in his. dr. washington was never there in person through out this whole thing. I only saw him once right after the surgery for a minute. So, dont trust your loved one or yourself to this doctor-I am regretful everyday of my life. If you read this dr. wash-I'm sure you know who I am. It's been almost 2 years and I should have sued the crap out of you but I was too sad and exhausted at the time and missing my dad. You are the worst doctor ever and I'd rather die than to have you EVER work on me!!!