Pediatrician
1250 S 18th St
Ste 201
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
904-261-7707
Locations and availability (1)

|  Mom of 3  |  show details
by Dana on Nov 14th, 2013

As a military mom, I have seen all kinds of doctors over the years. Often times, we don't have much choice of who we see. I met Dr. West when baby number 3 was born... I was impressed with his gentle bedside manor! When I took #3 in for a baby check, I had #1 & 2 with me. #2 has coughing asthma, which has been difficult to manage...had seen the "super-specialists" who had #2 on strong meds. Dr. West heard #2 cough and knew right away what was wrong....and that the meds were not right for my #2. I immediately switched my #1 &2 to his care. Dr. West is the BEST doctor we've had.

|  Mom  |  show details
by Kristen B. on Oct 20th, 2013

Dr. West and his staff are the BEST! I have been taking my children to him since their birth. He is open to parental concerns listening to what you have to say and explaining anything you ask about. His office will work you in if at all possible when an emergency arises. He is very conservative, which I LOVE in a doctor personally. I don't want someone who is just pushing meds on my children. With regard to other reviews, the office staff are very nice. As with most people, if you are nice, they are nice... I have NEVER seen any of them act in anything less than a professional manner. Dr. West takes time with each patient and as others have stated, he speaks to the child as well as the parent. I cannot say enough about the level of care we receive. We love them!!!

|  Great!!!!  |  show details
by Work'n mamma trying to keep it all together on May 15th, 2013

Dr West has a good bedside manner and talks to your child not just to the parent. I have two children, 6 & 3' and within a week of moving here had to go and visit a doctor. School physicals and a nasty virus- Yeah!!!! Dr West was recommended to us by a few people. He answered all my questions and my children like him. The office staff were pleasant as well. I would recommend him to my friends.

Feb 18th, 2013

Can never get in to see a doctor when my child is sick! When I called, and someone answered after calling three times in a row, I expressed concern that I think my child might have an ear infection, I was told to go to the emergency room since their were no appointments available. This happened on three seperate occasions requesting a sick appointment first thing in the morning. Thought the whole point of having a doctor was to get in when you are sick. 95% of the time people go to a doctor is because they are sick. Very disappointed. They need to hire another doctor if they cannot accommodate sick patients.

Jul 19th, 2012

Dr West is amazing. My daughter has been seeing him since she was born 5 years ago. She actually looks forward to seeing him and tells me all the time that he is the funniest person that she knows. He is very professional attentive to the children as well as informative to the parents. I would recommend him with high praises

Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr West a great doctor, He is very friendly and loves children. He is a very patient man. I would recommend him to others. Now for Dr West staff they need to put more smiles on their face like they enjoy their job they act like they are frozen with no emotion. The staff also need to clean up there appearance. Also when they are told something over the phone 2 weeks ahead of time before an appointment then I think they should listen check up on the subject and not wait until the patient comes into the office.

Jan 9th, 2012

dr west is great! i had a friend that worked at a different pediatrics office but did not switch to her office because i loved dr west so much. i had to move out of state and am very bummed i could not continue to see him!

|  WWE LOVE E LOVE DR. WEST!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

Very professional and thorough. Has a playful manner with the children, but explains information to parents in detail and in a caring manner. Not an alarmist. Easy to make appointments and short wait time. Dr. West actually takes his own calls after hours and weekends!!!

|  Keep your baby away from this creep  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2011

If Dr. West is your last resort for a pediatrician take your baby to a local E.R before you let this so called Dr. examine your baby. I have had the worse expierence with dr. West because He is more worried about loosing his license than the actual care of your baby. He takes C.Y.A. to a new level and routienly does 72 hour holds on newborns to be able to bill insurance companies more money so he doesnt go out of buisness. He also has the worse bed side manner of any doctor I have ever been in contact with. Dr.West has verry little compassion for mothers or babbies and is extreamly rough with new borns....

|  The Baby Whisperer!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

I love Dr. West! He was the very first pediatrition to see my daughter- the day after she was born. At first I thought he was a jerk, but then we had our one week appointment, and he was awesome! He's always super nice and knows exactly how to get my baby smiling. If she's crying, he'll stand in front of the window and talk to her until she's happy. He always reassures me and lets me know when I'm worrying for no reason. I recently moved to Jacksonville and continue to make the 45 minute trip to his office. My boyfriend thinks he's great as well!

by nancy schmeisser on Apr 12th, 2010

he is awesome! i use to take my sons to him and my health plan changed and i moved and started going to doctors here in jacksonville and i was so displeased that i had my health plans changed just so i can drive 50 miles to get my kids in his office! and i wouldnt normally do that