Dr. Bruce Younger MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 11 reviews

September 14th, 2016
Before an appointment could be set, they verify the insurance. Being disabled, I have both Medicare and Medicaid. Never a co payment and very low prescription costs. They called back confirming insurance would cover the visit. I went to see about warts on my feet, but he was more interested in a mole that I had on my chest all my life. I left discouraged, since my main concerns were not addressed, so I never scheduled a return visit. A few months later I received notice from doctors office that I needed to pay a fo payment of about $20 I disputed it, since they failed to bill my secondary insurance. I forwarded my info a second time. Then I started getting bill collectors calling me. For which I called the doctors office, got the billing department. She was quite argumentative and defensive, since it was she that failed to Bill correctly. Over the years, more bill collectors, and more phone calls back to the doctor, in effort to speak with the Doctor himself, but the ladies in the office refuse to let me speak to him, probably afraid that he might find out that they are screwing up and unprofessional.

September 14th, 2016
I was pretty nervous about a full body mole check, but the staff and doctor were so calm and reassuring it helped me to remain calm.

April 29th, 2016
Been coming here for years!!! Believe he is a great doctor. The only issue is he is so good, many go to him and the office tends to over book patients, it takes more than an hour to be seen, yikes! So don't try to go on your lunch break you will not make it back in time to your job. Other than that, he is very nice, explains well, however he does talk really fast to get you in and out once you are being seen. So I recommend you write down questions to ask him. This way you wont forget under pressure as he is trying to get you out the door.

November 29th, 2015
Prepare for log waits
I was a patient with Dr Younger for about 5 years. I liked the care he provided, however, I always had a very long wait in his waiting room. Recently, I arrived on time for a 10:30 appointment, and had still not been seen by noon. I asked the receptionist when I would be seen, and was told there was still someone ahead of me, so I cancelled my appointment and left. I understand that a doctor's time is valuable, but so is mine. I will be looking for another doctor.

October 2nd, 2013
cost
Did not make an appointment as they would not tell me the price of an office visit.

October 20th, 2012
A complete joke
I showed up for my schedule 9am appt I had to wait 6 months to get and when I walked in I said I am here for my 9am and the girl said, "No you aint" I said what do you mean? She said we rescheduled all those appt for today , I said no one called me I drove 45 min, She said "Yes they did" I said no they didnt, she said "yes they did" I said no they didnt. I said OK when can I reschedule tomorrow or something. She said "How about April" Its freaking October!!!!! I have melanoma!!! I said are you nuts. She said "well thats all we got you are the one who didnt reschedule when they called" I said no one called me you idiot!! And I walked out. This is unreal ! I will never go back rude nasty and incinsiderate and they lie!!

September 17th, 2012
Nurse was rude, waited 90+ minutes
Dr was ok, fast, and friendly. Nurses, office staff were unfriendly, did not smile, and looked over worked and under paid.

February 26th, 2012
Poor Quality
Removed a mole of mine that actually did not get come off. Then billed me for it.

April 13th, 2011
dont go
wait hours every time he books in quadruples- extremely rude office staff---only concern is with money

April 14th, 2010
Great Doctor, TERRIBLE Receptionist
Dr. Younger is a great doctor. He does not recommend things you don't need. He has a nurse that works alongside him that is wonderful. The office staff (one in particular) is bad enough to make me change doctors, unfortunately.

October 26th, 2009
If you want a rude staff and over an hour wait
The wait is always over an hour sometimes up to four hours. The office staff is very rude, cold and unfriendly. The appointments are more than doulbe booked. I would not suggest going to this doctor.