Dr. Bruce Zafran MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017
Terrible old school Doctor
Went to him for years only because of my laziness to find another office. His nurses are awful. One is old and mean and the other is spanish and does not care. He likes to talk about how great he is, how busy he is and says he is the doctor to the stars. He barely spends any time with you and does terrible breast exams. I needed surgery because of heavy bleeding for 2 years. He told me it was normal. Finally I said do something, Thank goodness he told me to see another doctor in the office to do surgery I think because he was too lazy to do it himself. He was just so non caring and such a jerk. I saw Dr Puckett and he was wonderful. Spent so much time with me and explained everything and said he would fix me..He did surgery and removed my fibroid and now my life is so much better. No more pain or bleeding. His nurse Carol took so much time with me and gave me so much reading material that I was finally informed and knew what I was in for and why I was having problems.If you want to go to this office do NOT see Dr Zafran he sucks and so does his nurses. See Dr Puckett only and only call Carol for any questions!

March 19th, 2017
Caring physician.
I have been a patient of Dr. Zafran's for over 10 years. He is a very compassionate, calm physician. He explains in detail his findings and then he gives me options. He never pushes his ideas on me. He lets me make the choice. He treats women with respect. Love his assistant too.

March 27th, 2016
Rushed out of office
I was recommended to the doctor by a doctor's wife who raved about Dr. Zafran. and how compassionate and caring he was. I waited over an hour even though I had the 8:30 appointment. His examination took less than 5 minutes and I then met him in his office where he gave me a pamphlet for another doctor who is a urogynecologist. I couldn't even tell him my thoughts because I was rushed out of the office. So I don't even know if he is kind and compassionate.

February 2nd, 2016
He is the best

November 19th, 2015
Grateful to have a very nice na kind Doctor ... He is very professional and so friendly.......A very good doctor .

July 6th, 2015
Most uncompassionate, rude Dr I have ever met
I typically see a different, female doctor at Royal Palm OBGYN but she was unavailable so I allowed Dr. Zafran to conduct my check up. Upon me wanting to discuss medical intervention for depression and chronic back pain, which I have discussed with my normal doctor every visit since 10 weeks (I am 28 now) he treated me like some drug seeking monster. My normal doctor had advised me that although it is not ideal to begin an antidepressant while pregnant, it may be necessary for me as to not suffer and to keep her updated. She has also had me taking Tylenol 3 for the past month due to extreme lower back pain - where some days I cannot get out of bed. His response to my inquiry was "Hi how are you we've just met can you give me antidepressants and narcotics?" I could not believe how rude he was!!!!!! I absolutely agree with his sentiment that it is better to not take ANYTHING while pregnant. HOWEVER, instead of him being compassionate and listening to me, or reviewing my chart and previous discussions with my normal doc he treated me like a drug seeking mess of a person. I am well aware that it is ideal to have zero medical intervention while pregnant. I am also well aware that feeling so depressed I can barely function and having chronic pain that is leading to high BP, anxiety and depression is a situation where the mother to be should probably have some sort of medical intervention. I am completely unimpressed and will be letting EVERYONE know NOT to ever schedule any types of appointments with this man!

November 8th, 2013
A Genius/Angel
Dr. Bruce is truly an angel. When other doctors rejected me because of my conditions as a #1 high risk patient out of millions, he took me in. Why? Because he is a good man that understands his calling on earth to save lives in his field of practice. He is kind-hearted, very patient, honest, thorough and highly intelligent. He took care of me up until my delivery date. He delivered my baby. He ultimately saved my life and my baby's life. I am grateful to God for meeting such a wonderful doctor. I consider him the BEST doctor in the world.

February 19th, 2013
GOOD DOCTOR, BAD OFFICE STAFF
Dr.ZAFRAN is very experienced in his field. I wish he would have delivered my baby but he was not on call. Unfortunately, due to his rude office staff, I will be removing myself from his care. I tried to e-mail Dr.Zafran about it and he said to seek help from the office manager. The office staff would not let me make a follow up apt, I guess they dictate over his orders even though he said to follow up in 3 months. The office staff has been rude on multiple occasions. I wish I could have stayed as his patient but now I am left to find another doctor. You are pretty much a number with his office staff and they do not care if they lose a patient because of the volume of patients they already have.

September 19th, 2012
I have been going to Dr Zafran for nearly 17 years. He delivered 1 of my children (wasn't on call for the other). I would not think of going to another doctor as long as he's still practicing. He is the best!

August 1st, 2012
Except for the long wait time(especially for the late ultrasound appts which can be uncomfortable) he is so worth it. If you like a friendly caring Doctor who knows his stuff-see Dr. Zafran.

March 27th, 2012
All doctors should be like Dr. Zafran, Awesome!
I would recomend Dr. Zafran to all... He is caring, compassionate, & professional. Never in my life have I been to a doctor that sincerely cares & takes the time to get to know you. All doctors can take a lesson from Dr. Zafran, your not just another paying file in the office,your a REAL person. He always asked me how i was doing & feeling. Never rushed in & out, & actually appologized if there was a wait, which normally there wasn't unless of course an emergency. Not to many good doctors accept our insurance, which is Tricare due to payment, but he acknowledged that & stated "If your husband can risk his life & time away from his family, thats the least he can do". I expressed my concerns about having another c-section, however he comforted me & actually repaired some of the damage done w/ my previus section. The healing time was a lot quicker & easier. He took the time during my surgery, & made sure i was comfortable. My first c section w/ another physician was a nightmare & rushed. I appreciate the compassionate bed side manner & time he took to make my 2nd section 10 times better : )Thank you Dr. Zafran..10 Stars in my book.

September 13th, 2011
Dr. Zafran is amazing!!
Dr. Zafran delivered my son this past May and made sure I was comfortable the whole time! Throughout all of my appointments, he has been warm, caring, friendly and his humor is nice too. My post partum check up was spent in his office chatting (after everything was checked out!). I will never respect or trust another doctor the way I do him!