Dr. Bryan Borgfeld MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

February 26th, 2016
Med port placement and gallbladder removal
Dr. Borgfeld is by far my favorite surgeon. Being that I am disabled, and that I've had way too many surgeries, he's the only one that has always preformed them without flaw. My scars are beautiful and no infection which is more than I can say for my other surgeons. Lord help me when he retires. 😬

May 15th, 2015
great doctor well mannered

January 19th, 2013
Complications
Removed my gallbladder...7 days later ended up in ER with horrible abdominal pain. 3 hospital stays, the last of which was 5 weeks long was the result. Took way too long to figure out that a bile leak was present.

May 23rd, 2012
Dr. Borgfeld was calm and caring putting me completly at ease. His staff was friendly and extreemly helpful with paperwork for my job. I would certainly recommend him to anyone needing gallbladder surgery.

October 31st, 2009
Good diagnosis, Bad surgery
Diagnosed the problem fine, verified that surgery was the only option. I had a Pilondial Cyst below my tailbone the was oozing blood and was painful. He took a look at it, explained what needed to happen, and scheduled the surgery. Surgery went fine (I was put out), and I went home to recover. The next day my entire body was sore (as well as my throat). I figured they put a pipe down it (wasn't notified about this) and I barely moved all day. The next day wasn't much better, entire body was sore. I went for visits every two weeks and it didn't seem to be getting better. By 6 weeks I had the stitches taken out and things were still painful. Two weeks later I followed up with my primary who said it was infected. This time I went to a different surgeon (one who specializes in Colon/Rectal). They took a look and said I needed surgery AGAIN. It was so tender they couldn't get a great look at the entire area. Short story - I was put out again, turns out there were 3 pits that were accumulating debis. They had to take drastic measures and do a reconstructive surgery to flatten my buttocks out which not only fixed the immediate problem but made continued maintenance easier.