Dr. Bryan Bruno MD Patient Reviews

3.8

April 7th, 2015
There is no drama with Dr. Bruno only supportive medical treatment.

September 12th, 2013
Too bad he costs so much!
I started seeing Dr. Bruno as an in-patient at Lennox Hill, then went on since I liked him so much. (My comments on the experience on the ward go elsewhere) He is gentle, accepting, helpful, a good and caring listener, and instead of accepting the status quo re medications, strives to prescribe what is best for you. I've been late and he still has time for me, and I always feel better after seeing him. He costs a lot,, though not more than others in this area, and unfortunately my insurance pays for only about one quarter of it. If you have insurance that covers him, you couldn't do better.

July 23rd, 2013
don't use him
Arrogant psychiatrist who did not listen to me and thought he new everything. I will NEVER go back to him again and would strongly advise avoiding him. I don't want to start rumors but I called Lenox Hill looking for another psychiatrist and heard he is getting fired, can't say I'm surprised.

May 2nd, 2013
Such a smart and caring doctor !
He is the BEST !!! I went in for a consult he was so knowledgable and helped me feel 100 x better I had no hope and when I left his office so much got off my chest he prescribed medications which i am against and he gave me hope now i HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY AND GOOD IN MY LIFE AND STABLE AND IM A 60 YO WOMAN !!!

July 3rd, 2009
Bruno is Director of Psychiatry Unit, Lenox Hill
Although apparently a trained clinical psychiatrist, he generally keeps a distance from patients and fulfills his administrative role in a somewhat distant, chilly manner. He clearly has decision-making authority over the release of involuntary in-patients, though he rarely meets with them in person, but instead relies on the reports of his staff. That said, he did sit in on one very long psychotherapy session I had with a resident in training to supervise. He was a good supervisor, and a good therapist. He let the resident guide most of the discussion, and tactfully threw in a relevant question here and there. His eyes welled up with tears at one point, as my own had as I was discussing my situation, and I was moved by his empathy. The session, which went way overtime without either the resident or Bruno worrying about the time, was extremely helpful and a breakthrough in establishing a correct psychiatric diagnosis for me that has helped me is getting the best possible treatment ever since. Bruno's tactful and gentle contributions to the session were critical (though the resident was also excellent). Bruno is clearly compassionate once you break through that unfortunate cold exterior. He is quite young (mid- to late-30's?) and I think has let his ambition overtake his fundamentally humane and compassionate nature that must have led him to psychiatry. I hope that as he matures in his career, he will realize that his calling is as a clinical psychiatrist, not an admininstrator, a role in which he manages to alienate most of the patient population with his affected grandiosity more suitable to autocratic royalty than administration. If he must remain an administrator, I hope he finds a way to bring out the compassion in him as he fulfills that job. I don't know whether physicians ever read these comments, but I do thannk him for his important help in that session, and I wish him all the best in his career. From all appearances, he's a rising star; his outstanding talents and dangerous hubris are evident all at once. Please don't be another tragic fallen hero Dr. Bruno. Why not just be a hero? Rather than blind ambition, please follow your remarkable talents; they are sure to bring you success. The mediocre ratings reflect my concerns about your ineffectiveness and alienating aloofness as an administrator; my good ratings reflect what I see as your potential to be a great clinical psychiatrist.