choose wisely show details choose wisely
by Greg J on Aug 10th, 2015

We all know that open heart surgery can be risky. Dr. Foy was so charming saying that everything is going to be OK. Complications started in OR and continue on for almost 4 weeks in the ICU and then on the floor.He was not available to deal with complications. We are disappointed. I would recommend University of Chicago. I heard they are great doctors. We choose Edward Hospital for convenience and paid dearly for that.

best of the best show details best of the best
by mr salinas on Jun 23rd, 2015

I dont even know how to express just how great this guy is. He was/is an absolute master. His bedside manner is great without question, but that isnt where his best features are. I went into the ER with a headache, 5 days later i was having a triple bypass. To say i was scared would be an understatement. He came in, made me feel like i was in good hands, told me the surgery would go well and not to worry. The things he did were nothing short of miraculous.. He fixed my heart, i was out of the hopsital within 5 days after surgery. Had i looked for a cardiac surgeon worldwide, i couldnt have settled on a BETTER doctor. I can honestly say that with dr foy artistry meets science..He is a true master at what he does. Anyone who says otherwise doesnt know what they are talking about. If you or a family member are candidates for cardiac surgery, go see dr foy and dont consider anyone else...If there is a cardiac hall of fame, this man should be in it.

Dr. Foy/Edward Hospital show details Dr. Foy/Edward Hospital
by Denise M. on Jul 3rd, 2013

Simply put...he's fabulous! Can't say enough about his mannerism. In my time of need, he dropped his planned weekend to repair my broken heart and I've felt great ever since (2 years now). I'm honored to know him.

My Open Heart Surgery Experience (Aortic Valve Replacement) 3/3/2011 show details My Open Heart Surgery Experience (Aortic Valve Replacement) 3/3/2011
Aug 18th, 2012

Let's be honest here..no one and I mean no one likes to hear that they need to have open heart surgery; least of all a women; not unless of course you are so sick and having surgery is the only way to get well. That was me.. seventeen months ago. Dr. Foy made life possible for me beyond my fifty two years. Heart surgery has had a profound effect on my life. Since surgery I have never missed a morning prayer where I have not thanked God for my surgery or the talent and skills God gave Dr Foy,not one morning... So how am I doing? For the first time in my entire life I have no limitations in physical activity and endurance. I feel a vitality and freedom I simply can't describe. It's the freedom I was not born with in having a defective heart valve but the freedom I now have because of Dr Foy. Now, for all the ladies that may have to have heart surgery... waking up after surgery and seeing Dr Foy? well ladies...let's just say he is very easy on the eyes,very handsome,and definitely charming!! My final comments are for Dr Foy, I thank you for the personal sacrifices you have made to make sick hearts well, without you many of us would have seen our maker; because of you we all have more time to do what humans do, live! Sincerely, your patient,Catherine Rhey

Thanks Doctor show details Thanks Doctor
Mar 9th, 2012

He is helping in improvement of health of my beloved brother Amar. Thanks Doctor.Regards,Kedar Sowani

Unimpressed show details Unimpressed
Mar 26th, 2011

Very poor bedside manner; his opinion of what to do with my condition was very contrary to the opinions of three other known specialists in the field.

Thank you Dr. Foy show details Thank you Dr. Foy
Sep 14th, 2010

Dr. Foy's knowledge, expertise and technical skills saved my husband's life.He unflinchingly and creatively applied his skills during open-heart surgery for my husband that ultimately prevented a catastrophe.

sheilaMor@yahoo.com show details sheilaMor@yahoo.com
by Daughter of the patient on Jul 10th, 2010

My mother had surgery by this doctor. He has a very courtous staff, very nice office.but I question his manners and judgement. Mom had complication after complication after surgery. And he was not there to help her, it was his very tall associate who does not know what is he doing. I am very disappointed.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by E Fina on Feb 11th, 2009

Dr Foy did my heart surgery in July of 07. I was really pleased with him and his great bedside manner. Everyone I have talked to in the medical field says he is a great surgeon. Although I do not want to have the surgery again, if I did I would hope he would be my doctor.

Great heart surgeon show details Great heart surgeon
by Edward Fina on Aug 24th, 2008

I had a quadruple heart bypass over 1 year ago and Dr.Foy was my surgeon. He was a very caring and understanding doctor. He did a great job and I was out of the hospital in 3 days. Your in the best hands with him.