Dr. Bryan Johnson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

October 17th, 2016
Long Wait But Genius Doctor
Dr. Johnson is really smart. He is probably the best doctor in the area. And like all good things- you have to wait a long time for them. But it is worth it. He's very bright and will make you feel comfortable that you're in good hands.

September 22nd, 2016
The wait time is horrible.

September 22nd, 2016
Furious and very disappointed!
Dr. Bryan Johnson and Stonebriar Medical Associates P.A. have shown gross negligence in caring for my 83 year old father battling multiple infections. My father was taken by ambulance to Baylor Scott & White - Centennial on Tuesday and was diagnosed with diverticulitis. Dr. Johnson advised my dad should be discharged at 1 a.m. and see him at his office that same day. First thing yesterday I made an appointment for my dad to see Dr. Johnson at 4:30 p.m. Early in the afternoon, my dad was in severe pain and fell. I called Dr. Johnson's office and was told not to take him to the ER but to keep the 4:30 appointment. We sat in his office for 1.5 hrs after our scheduled 4:30 pm appointment time and my father was never seen by the doctor. I repeatedly asked the staff when my dad would be seen. I was told by the nurse that she had knocked on the door of the of the exam room Dr. Johnson was in and he "refused to answer". I can't imagine why a doctor would be in an exam room and not open the door to his own nurse for 90 minutes. Finally, Sam couldn't tolerate sitting in the uncomfortable exam chair any longer and we had to leave. Now he is doing much worse and has been admitted to the hospital and will need treatment for several days. I am beyond furious at the level of "care" my father has received from Dr. Johnson. Dr. Johnson has yet to contact me or to reach out to get an update on my father who has been his patient for years. Based upon my experience avoid this doctor and this practice at all costs.

April 14th, 2015
Wait time is at least 2 hours.
Waited 2 hours to see the doctor today. Every visit has been like this. Unless he has the healing power of Jesus, no doctor is worth a wait time like that.

April 16th, 2014
Ridiculous Dr.
I was overcharged on a routine visit. Staff rude and unprofessional. Office and waiting area old and unkempt. Waiting time two hours. This is one ridiculous dude. I refuse to call him a doctor because he is clearly not one.

February 20th, 2014
Dr. Johnson has a great bedside manner. He explains things in lame man terms. Spends quality time and answers all questions. Staff is great. Unfortunately wait time in office is usually 45 minutes - 1 hour! While in the hospital he rounds between midnight and 3am, making it difficult for family to talk with him and get an update.

January 23rd, 2014
Mr.
I waited one hour in the reception and one hour in the cabinet before he ever showed up. He falsely claimed a service he never performed and fraudulently charged my insurance for it. He never gave me any diagnosis because he did not have the results of my x rays and my blood and when he did he refused to complete the initial visit on the grounds that he was to busy. The initial visit was at the beginning of one month, his office never called me back to set a time to discuss the results of the blood test, X rays and urine and when I finally anxious called back, he was too busy to see until the end of the following month. This doctor is ridiculous and his staff incompetent.

December 5th, 2013
Slow
Dislike is wait time 45 mins... not good...:-(

August 17th, 2012
Be prepared to wait more than an hour in a dirty old office.
After scheduling my appointment weeks in advance I arrived at an old dirty delapidated office only to wait for more than an hour and leave frustrated. I will be finding a new doctor.

July 29th, 2012
Nice doc!
Dr. Johnson takes his time, is dedicated, and genuinely cares.

June 20th, 2012
Really good Doctor
I have been a patient for more than 9 years. Dr Johnson is a world class Doctor who cares more about delivering health care than profit. Works hard for his patients and works hours that indicate that he loves what he is doing. Highly recomend

March 12th, 2012
Disappointed
I used to feel the way most of the posters here did but not any longer. I've been going to Dr. J for almost 10 years. It's been a few years since my last visit so I was actually looking forward to my appt last Friday. I've had issues with cancer since the last time I've seen him so most of my doctor visits have been with oncologists, surgeons, etc. So I was looking forward to seeing my favorite physician. Suffice it to say, the visit was extremely disappointing. I had to wait over 30 min in the outside waiting area before finally being brought to the back. There I sat another 40 min in the examination room waiting for the great doctor. I even stepped out once and asked the nurse if I was "next". She assured me that I was. By the time he graced me with his presence I had been waiting 90 min with not even an apology or "sorry for the wait". The sad part is that it was lunch time and only one other person was in the waiting room beside me. He was so full of himself that he didn't even take the time to look at my chart and acknowledge the fact that I haven't been in because of serious medical conditions. I get better care and treatment from CareNow with a lot less wait time (hard to believe). I will not be referring anyone to Dr. Johnson in the future and I will take my business elsewhere. Again, I have been a faithful patient of his since 2002 but sadley it's time to move on.