Bryan Mazey III DO Patient Reviews

November 7th, 2016
I have to say that I never thought that I would be writing a bad review for a doctor that I had been going to for over 16 years but I am. I started going to Dr. Mazey when he had a very small office and continued to do so every 3 months for that length of time due to my optical problems. That is a lot of visits and a lot of trust in a doctor. I decided today after being treating so shabbily by his office manager, Karen, that I will be seeing another opthalmologist in the future. I had an appointment today and was called up to the front desk after I had signed in. I was told that I had a balance of $73.00 and that it must be settled before I could see the doctor. I am an elderly patient and have been paying my regular deductible of $50 each time I visit (4 times per year) plus an additional amount towards the balance. It was embarrassing to be called up in front of an office full of waiting patients, not once but four times about the remaining balance. After paying that $73, money which I had to borrow after leaving the office, Karen called me to the office door and said I could not see Dr. Mazey and to make another appointment. No reason, no explanation, just that I could not see him. I was thoroughly embarrassed and humiliated by this and left the office in tears. I immediately called my daughter and explained the situation. My daughter called Karen and was treated even worse by her, she was told lies and my medical history and that I owed more money, which was not true. I used to think Dr Mazey walked on water but I will no longer go to an office where I am treated so shabbily. Yes, I will even leave my name. I hope that Dr Mazey is able to read this since Karen prevented me from speaking with him.

December 22nd, 2015
Awful rude staff will never return. Doctor has a big ego and moves you through quickly which is never a good sign. Stay clear of his rude office manager, Karen. She has issues.

August 27th, 2015
Be ready to wait at least 1 to 2 hours

November 6th, 2012
Don't Waste Your Money!!
I went to Dr Mazey because he was referred by my GP Doc. Went for opthalmogist general checkup. (Age 64) Waited over 45 minutes, then another 30 in room. Dr Mazey did my exam. I needed new glasses so I made appointment, came for the appointment was told to be ready to spend a hour to hour and a half, in the office. Then I was taken back and given the eye exam by an assistant, and was told Dr Mazey would look at the exam findings and approve it. My point he never examined me. I was paying to be examined by Dr. Mazey not his assistant. His prices are outrageous,on all services,and glasses staff is not to knowledgeable about anything! Please don't waste your time or money with Dr. Mazey I won't go back!

October 22nd, 2012
Extremely long wait time
My appt. was at 11:10 am & as of 12:45 I had not seen the dr. & since my time is also valuable I left without seeing the dr. The receptionist told me that "he is a specialist". Specialist or not there is no reason anyone should have to wait 1-1/2 hours & still not see the dr. When I left, the waiting room almost full. When I arrived at the office there were 6 patients ahead of me that had not yet been called back yet. This has been a common occurance in the 4+ years I have gone to this office. Needless to say, I am now going to a different doctor.

March 12th, 2012
Great doctor
Dr. Mazey is a caring professional. He wants the best for his patients. I would recommend him to everyone ... in fact I have!

March 24th, 2011
My overall expierence at Great Lakes Opthamology was wonderful-5 star-from the front desk to Dr Mazey!

January 27th, 2011
AMAZING DOCTOR!!!RECOMMEND TO ALL!!!

November 17th, 2010
Have been with this office for years. They have messed up my appointments at least three times, and I only found out there was a problem once I reached the office and could not be seen. Office staff isn't competent. One employee adamantly tells you one thing, and then a second just as adamantly tells you something else! This has happened more than once. They also make you feel like you are inconveniencing them. It is very difficult to get an appointment. I have even had them try to charge me for services that were not provided. I will not be back, nor will my family. I have given them their last opportunity to try to change my opinion.