Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Hospital For Special Surgery
535 E 70th St
New York, NY 10021
212-606-1484
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  10 yrs. ago - both hips replaced  |  show details
by Arlene Gundersen on Jan 22nd, 2014

Dr. Nestor was a "God-send". Ten years ago, I was in a wheel chair. The doctor here in N.J. said I was having "grief pain" as my son passed away the year before. So for over a year I suffered terribly. My pain management doctor sent me for an MRI and told me ---- my so called "grief pain" was really....both hips were virtually gone, bone against bone. Upon a referral, I went to see Dr. Nestor. He did both hips the same time and I went to a rehab. in Jersey and home in a flash. It was like a miracle took place. This doctor is compassionate, the best surgeon ever, and I was totally blessed to have had him as my doctor. I have recommended him to a couple friends. They had marvelous results. *****

by Nabil G. Behna on Oct 26th, 2013

Dr. Nestor has been exactly who he was described to be by the person referring us to him. He is an excellent doctor, knows exactly what he is saying, explains everything in details, follows up and is an excellent surgeon to top it.

|  total knee replacement  |  show details
by suzanne bloom on Sep 20th, 2013

Dr. Nestor did my total knee replacement in June 2012. After three days at HSS I went to rehab where I was required to use a walker. I did so well after the surgery that they released me after one week. I never used a walker again. I would recommend Dr. Nestor to everyone. He and his office staff are truly professional.

|  knife Happy  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

Second opinion by reknowned physician warned vs invasive procedure advised by Dr. Nestor. I also felt uncomfortable with this doctor who boasted and had little patience for the layperson.

|  hard to choose a better orthepedic surgeon  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr Nestor is a true professional in his field.cares about his patients,worked with my schedule,would higly recommend him to anyone. I was walking with a cane in just over a weeks time after bi lateral hip replacement at HSS

by Beverly Kelly on Feb 11th, 2011

I am so glad that Dr. Nestor was my hip replacement surgeon. He is the best there is and I knew I was in good hands. I am thankful that I was able to have him do my surgery.

|  hip surgery  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

From the very first call to Dr. Nestor's office, seeking a consultation, through the examination, then the operation, hospital stay and followup, I was treated in a totally professional manner by all.

by louis lotito on Mar 2nd, 2010

Dr. Nestor said I would be home within three days of a total hip replacement and I was. He was also very friendly to my family members

by christiane Neuville on Jan 9th, 2010

Absolutely the best physician I have ever dealt with; not only does he genuinely cares for his patients, he explains things in an understanble manner for the kay person. As far as I am concerned he is ten stars!!!