Dr. Bryan Prater MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 19th, 2013
My husband has been going to Eyecare Network for years. My children went to Walmart, when my 5 year old had to have glasses after ordering them my son kept telling me he couldn't see. I made him appointment with Dr. Prater he told me the glasses were to strong got us a new pair and now my son does just fine. Dr. Prater and his staff was wonderful.

November 19th, 2013
I had my cataract surgery there, and it was a wonderful experience. Everyone in the surgery center was friendly, happy and excited to be there. I felt very welcome when I went in, and felt like I was under the best care possible. My cataracts were so bad that I could not see to even drive, and now, I can see everything so clear! I even went to the grocery store to see everything that I have been missing over the past few months! Thank you Dr. Prater, Dr. Higgins and all of the staff at Eyecare Network and the Surgery Center!

November 18th, 2013
Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Doctor shows genuine interest in what's best for you.

November 17th, 2013
I had always gone to Walmart for my exams and was not happy, a family member recommended I go to Eyecare Network. Dr Prater and staff did a very thorough exam and I got a quality pair of glasses. I have found a new eye doctor.

November 16th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Prater to anyone needing expert care for their eyes. I had my eye surgery done there. Dr. Prater and all of his staff were wonderful. I couldn't ask for better care. I have been seeing him for several years, as have my daughter, my grandchildren, and now my great-grandchildren. I wouldn't trust my care to anyone else.

November 14th, 2013
I took my 4 year old to Eyecare Network for her first eye exam and the staff was great especially Mrs. Prater. She is now 9 and I will continue to take her there for her future eye exams. Thanks to everyone at Eyecare Network.

November 14th, 2013
I took my child to Dr. Prater at Eyecare Network, and he diagnosed my child with pink eye. He then gave us some drops to clear up the pink eye and also have me his cell phone number in case that I had an emergency over the weekend and needed help. This calmed my nerves knowing he was there! He is a great doctor, his staff and wife are the best I've met in the area! Thank you again for everything!

November 13th, 2013
The office staff were great with 4 year old my son, who got his first pair of glasses. They have been wonderful to repair/ adjust his glasses when he has bent/broke them

July 24th, 2013
Several of my family members as well as my daughter and myself have been patients of Dr. Prater. I've always spoke well and refered other people to him. I was very disappointed and humiliated by my last visit. Upon making my appointment I informed the staff I have OCD, my is dx: is r/t germs. I have been a nurse for 23yrs, so I'm well aware of what needs to be done and what can happen if certain guidelines are not followed. Upon making my appt I informed the staff I was OCD and needed to have new unopened eye gtts. When I went to my appt the first thing I noticed after entering the room was the equipment had not been cleaned. I had to ask the assistant to clean it twice before we started the exam. The reason she cleaned it twice is because the first time did not remove the caked on substance on the machine. Without washing her hands we cont to proceed. When we entered the other exam room I asked her to wash her hands, in which she did. Then she proceed to get my information, during this I told her I needed her to use unopened eye drops. This had been provided to me in my previous visit. She exited the room and was gone for approx 5 min. Upon returning she put three bottles of drops on the counter. I noticed that they did not have a seal. When I questioned her she replyed " They don't come sealed. It must be a new company." I cont to question her, with her replys being I promise they don't come sealed. Dealing with eye drops on almost a daily basis I knew they come sealed. I told her she was going to have to show me the other bottle they had that were new and not sealed. She promptly stood up and said I will try to find you some sealed drops. As she exited the room I saw her make eye contact with the other staff member and in turn she looked at me. This just confirmed in my mind they hade had a conversation about me. Again she was gone for approx. 5 min, she passed by the door and said she was going to get something else. I could her parts of the conversation in the hallway with Dr. Prater informing someone else to come in and talk to me. Another staff member entered informing me they did not and would not open new eye drops for a pt. Not only did this just confirm they had been lying, but also the fact that Dr, Prather passed the buck. The trust has been broken, not matter what they would of said from that point on I would not of believed them. I informed this staff member that I had been accomadated in the past, and I saw how her office operates and they would not be providing me with any service. Upon that not I got up and walked into the hallway only to see Dr. Prater and other staff standing at the end of the hallway staring at me as I left. I waved and exited the office. Having OCD is not something I choose, and I may have to do some things different. My complaints are real. Infection control is a very important part of health care. I would of gladly paid for the eye drops, but that was not given to me as a option. I feel the staff need to be educated, and provide the care there clients need and ask for. Shame on you Dr. Prater for making me feel stupid...

November 8th, 2011
Caring and professional spends necessary time with you