Dr. Bryan Sibley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

April 29th, 2016
Poor excuse
I brought my first son to him and although he was rude and short at times, my child basically was healthy so we weren't there much. My second was always sick so we were there at least once a week. Always said nothing was wrong. Wouldn't refer us to any specialists. Finally we found a new pediatrician, who immediately diagnosed my son with asthma, allergies, a severe form of eczema, and a heart murmur, and sent us to the proper specialists. My son has several chronic illnesses and we now have 19 doctors. If we'd stayed with this dr, my child might not even be alive today. The only reason he "follows up" is to get more money. And if you bring your child there expect to leave with a nebulizer and some xopenex. No other doctors prescribe that. I think he must get a nice little check for each patient he prescribes it to.

November 20th, 2015
Don't Waste Your time
Insensitive and should not be around young children. Same goes to his nurse practitioners.

October 25th, 2015
inattentive and rude.
my son had constant ear infections while he was seeing doctor sibley. Doctor sibley was impatient, rude, and would not listen to my concerns that my son had an ear infection every other week for nearly a year. On our first trip to another doctor without even mentioning my concern for tubes my son was sent to an ENT for tubes in his ears. Dr. Sibley let my son suffer.

June 23rd, 2015
I am still reeling from my most recent visit to Dr. Sibley. My children disliked him from the get go ( this has never been an issue before ) I found him arrogant and insensitive. He was rigid, combative and totally ignored my children. Furthermore I found suspiciously too many office visits and tests and too little true attention to the little persons and their parent sitting right in front of him. I am appalled at his methods and offended by his rude insensitivity. I'd put up with a minimal bedside manner if I thought he cared but in my opinion he was all about billing, pushing unnecessary appointments and tests and making dollars, not really about caring for the tender spirits in front of him. I'll never go back again . Again , maybe smart but NOT in my opinion a sincere and caring physician, nor a particularly ethical one....

August 22nd, 2014
HORRIBLE
Please save yourself and your child and find another doctor. Not only to the ladies in the front have a full blown gossip session everytime you go in, they also forget to call you back. This left us waiting in the waiting room for over an hour, with a toddler just for shots. Also the nurses do not do a great job checking the children out. Its more like shots and done! Not to mention they have him 2 shots that he already had!! I was furious when I found that out. Oh and when you see Dr. Sibley, who you only see if you kid id sick. He is an idiot. NO food or drink or strollers in the back which leaves the moms woth more than one kid to chase her unruly kids down the hallways. And if you want to console your child with a sippy after he or she has had their shot, goodluck because its not ALLOWED.

February 5th, 2014
Mother of 5
I wanted to say that after 5 kids you end up with lots of different doctors. I originally went to see the Dr. in 1998 with my daughter. She is handicapped with different problems. He was passionate for her, followed up on all appts. He really helped and took care of her. We moved away and upon returning to lafayette I tried a different dr only cause I couldn't find Dr Bailey. After awhile we are back with Dr Bailey. You must understand he is a doctor to take care of your child. Not the parent. If he spends his whole time with the child to make him well then you have to realize he's doing his job. It's not a meat market. And his staff is well educated in helping him. If you feel he is dry, look at the outcome. Is your child better? You have to go back after he's been sick to make sure he's better. If you don't go the follow up care will be poor. Keep your appointments and you will see. I am not a relative, Freind, spouse I am a parent that approves of this Dr. 5*

August 1st, 2012
Don't ever go to him. If anything report him to the medical boad
He must be hiding something. His staff is very rude. My 3 month old grandson has a neck problem from birth. Dr Sibley will not refer or rather refuses to refer us to a specialist. As per everyone else negative remarks about him. They all are very true. I fully agree. What is he trying to do. Why his his visits so short. Why can't a grandparent go back. I called yesterday to get his medical license number. His staff hung up on me. hmmmmm.

June 26th, 2012
Beware!!
My experience was absolutely terrible. From the moment we walked into the office, his staff was rude and very unwelcoming. When i was finally called back, my mom was picking up my newborn in her carseat (2 weeks after delivery when i cant pick up on anything heavier than her) the nurse told her she was not allowed to come back and that i needed to get her myself and come back. The nurse weighed and measured my daughter then i expressed my concerns about a rash she had. I was told that Dr. Sibley does not see patients unless there is something wrong and the nurses cant diagnose the problem! She then rolled her eyes and said "ok well i guess you have to see him, but hurry because he is trying to go home early. Needless to say i was super angry at this point. Dr. Sibley came in and basically laughed in my face saying nothing was wrong and that he didnt understand why he was called in. He then went on to tell me that i was wrong with everything i was saying. This was my first and last time going in to his office. Do not bring your child here unless you prefer to be made out as an idiot and you love rude people!

January 17th, 2012
"WEB MD" website or "GOOGLE" is better than Dr. Sibley
Though Dr. Sibley may put on a good front, he is not a pediatrician I woulld ever recommend. In fact, I would deter anyone from utilizing him as their primary care pediatrician. All of my experiences have been horrible. The last visits were the worst. My 3 year old was running 104.5 fever. I called the "on call nurse" & left a voicemail. She never called back. I called 3 more times, leaving messages each time, all to no avail. I never received a call back. I brought my child in the next day, still running 104 fever, he NEVER checked her temperature. I inquired why he did not take the temperature, and Dr. Sibley's response was, ,"we don't have a thermometer in the office." what kind of pediatrician doesn't have a thermometer? No vitals were checked either. This was the 3rd and final time Dr. Sibley didn't have a thermometer and didn't check vital signs on my child. His catch phrase is, "There is nothing wrong." He should hang a sign on his office door that reads, "We don't have a thermometer,and there is nothing wrong with your kid."

November 7th, 2011
Very disappointed!
My child is now 1 year old & needless to say I had to find a new doctor for him. I felt as though everytime I would bring him in, the doctor would act as though I was over reacting and would not listen to the problems he was having. However, he was the doctor, so I trusted him. My child was screaming, running fever, and in a very cranky mood for about 3 weeks. He would tug on his ear all day, and it then got so bad that he was hitting himself in the face. I brought him to the office twice because of this, yet "nothing was wrong & there was no infection." I know my child, and I knew something was wrong. I wanted to bring him to an ENT to get them to check his ears out. I needed a referral to be sent due to the insurane he had, and the Dr. refused to send one! I brought my son to a new pediatrician the next day and he had ear infections in BOTH ears! The new Dr. sent my son to an ENT right away and he had surgery the next week!

August 23rd, 2011
wonderful pediatrician

August 15th, 2011
Dr. Sibley should not be a pediatrician. He could careless about making you feel confident in him and that he knows what he's doing. I did not trust that he was even looking at my child and properly diagnosing her. I am a first time mother and he was not helpful when i had questions or concerns. I'm sure that he's a smart man but it does him no good if he isn't willing to share his knowledge with his patients parents. its almost like he enjoys knowing more than you, very arrogant. I would not recommend him to anyone, even though getting an appointment was very easy and there was no wait I'd rather have a caring and trustworthy doctor.