Dr. Bryan Wellman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

March 16th, 2016
Nice Man
I have a slip desk and 3 pinch nerves and decided not to do surgery. I was treated well, better then the rest of the Dr at Sanford. He sat in front of me and looked right at me. I was looking at 300 to 400 thousand for this to take place, I only make 12.00 hr.

October 4th, 2015
Very happy with my care. Would recommend to anyone.

December 13th, 2013
Worthless
I saw this doctor with full test results from another facility for treatment. He spent most of his time lecturing a computer screen and barely looked at me. Refused to answer my questions. He ordered an epidural for pain/diagnostic purposes and then had absolutely zero follow-up. When I called to report the results of the treatment, and ask about follow up, the nurse responded that there was no reason they would follow up with me. She informed me that Dr Wellman did not follow up on treatment orders for his patients at all. She seemed bemused that I would expect any contact from them at all.

October 4th, 2013
Very easy to talk to, explained everything on detail, very personable, answered all questions, will definitely recommend

May 22nd, 2013
Great Doctor
I have had prior back surgery and it did not help. In 2007 Dr. Wellman fix my lower back and put in a cage, since this surgery, I have not gone paralyzed like I use too. Yes there is still back pain, but it is chronic and there is nothing else he can do, but I am not paralyzed as he has fixed that problem and my pain is not as often as it use to be. I recommend this doctor very much.

October 19th, 2012
Dr. Wellman - A++++
I had a back fusion with pins L4-5. I felt pain for 10 yrs and it exploted 7 mo. ago. I did all conservative efforts to rid the pain, but my disk and joint was too far gone. Dr. Wellman had the experience, honesty and care to know how to proceed. I am a week along from surgery and feel like a new person - pain free! I delt with some back spasms after surgery, but those subsided and yes there is some weakness from the surgery, but overall I feel amazing! Dr. Wellman's method of not cutting the muscle and going through the back, knowledge of nerves is the key to my recovery! My advice if you have a spine issue do not go to an Orthopedic Dr - go to a Nuro Dr. - like Dr. Wellman!

May 7th, 2012
nurses at the souix falls hospital
Umm the over all nurses were rude had to be grab my patients and they were very unpurfessionaland treated my mom very disrespectfullybut Dora and Megan were amazing nurses they went out of there way to make her and herfamily comfortable

October 12th, 2009
Noreen Krikke Husband had surgery with him
When we first went to Dr Wellman we were pleased with him and decided to go ahead with the back surgery. The surgery did not go well,alto he told us everything went as planned? Its now a year and my husband still needs a cane to walk and has pain all the time. We no longer are required to go see him, even tho he should be doing more follow up. What has happened? We were not told the truth.