Dr. Buenaventura Pelina Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Buenaventura Pelina?

August 23rd, 2017

The best pediatrician there is.

We the Bonillas started seeing him when my 30 years son was born premature, and he gave him the best care. After that we also brought my 3 other kids. Now that the NYC office is closed is very hard for me to take them to Staten Island. But there's no dough his the best there is. Thanks Dr. Pelina

November 10th, 2016

mr

The staff is very professional all the time. The office is always very clean. The doctor never rushes the patient out of the office and takes the time to explain.

January 13th, 2016

Great Dr.

December 16th, 2015

Dr. Pelina sees both my daughter and son. As a young mom, I rely heavily on the doctors discretion when my children are sick. I have had the opportunity to have different pediatricians oversee the care of my daughter (eldest child) and no one compares to Dr. Pelina. He is compassionate and truly loves what he does. He is accommodating in each and every way possible. He truly cares for his little patients. I am amazed! Our family has been blessed to have him as our children's doctor. We love him!

October 26th, 2015

Dr. Pelina has been my kids pediatrician since 2001. He is the best. Ive called his answering system at night and he responded in 5 minutes. My daughter was a baby and fell off the bed. He's like family almost.

November 10th, 2013

Update to my old review back in 2010 ;)

I just want to make an update to my earlier review back in 2010 - in the last three years or so I did notice that the office staff has been changed and I have to say that ALL the girls there are helpful and very friendly - what a change! Dr Pelina, if you do read those reviews (and you probably did - hence the changes!) - we absolutely love coming to you office because we know we will always get the best care (and stickers!) and it is now a pleasure on all levels. Thank you for being our pediatrician for all those years!

December 6th, 2011

Dr. Pelina is avery good doctor and his staff also are very kind, sweet and understanding, ther the best Doctors office in staten island.

March 11th, 2011

very good doctor and very friendly staff

April 20th, 2010

Great Doctor, Bad Staff

I absolutely love Dr. Pelina . He is wonderful in every respect knowledgeable, caring, funny, always spend the extra time with you and answers any questions he is a true doctor and loves what he does. However, the staff at his office is quite the opposite. I will not say that of everyone (the nurse is sweet), but the receptionists are not at all friendly or accommodating. When we arrived a bit earlier for the first appointment, we were made to stand outside of the door for a while, even though the receptionist walked right past us and saw us standing. They did let us in eventually prior to the official office hours, so that is not really my major complaint. Here is what really upset me: in the end of the appointment, when I had to schedule another one, I had to ask for the letter to submit to my HR at work. The Drs wife (I assume it is her) refused to give me a note on a letter head. Instead, she wrote something on a printed back to school slip (like it is applicable for my one year old and a toddler!), describing the details of our visit! This is completely against the HIPPA privacy rules, and I told her that! She told me that it is the truth and she wont give me another slip! After I left the office, I was quite upset. I called back and asked to give me another slip. After some negotiations, she agreed to omit the detailed info. Once I got to the office, I got the info on the same slip, but without the Drs stamp there was nothing that said who the doctor was just the signature and the phone number of the doctor was there. I could have made that slip up! So, today, when I submitted the slip to the HR rep at work, needless to say they refused it and asked for it on a real letterhead, with the Dr. info! Now, I have to contact the office again, and beg for a real letterhead, even though early on I was refused it and told that there is no such thing. This is so frustrating! Are they so cheap as to not want to use the letterhead?! As far as the greed, here is another example from that same visit I have two insurances, and I asked whether I should really be paying co-pay. Well, I was told to pay the co-pay anyway, then go to the receptionists and make sure it is not so. After it was verified that I do NOT have to pay the co-pay, I was given my cash back. Why oh why not check in the first place? This is just a touch of what I had to deal with on that day. I am still not done as I have to somehow obtain my slip on a real letterhead. Very very upsetting. I was about to change doctors yesterday, I was so frustrated, but Dr. Pelina is a jewel and I will stick with him anyhow. But I do believe any jewel deserves a proper frame. I am sad to have to say that about this doctors office.

April 15th, 2009

Dr. Pelina is a wonderful caring doctor. He is tops. Unfortunately, his greedy money hungry wife runs the office. In the past 2 years she has let go of the caring knowledgeable staff and has replaced them with cheap help. The staff is rude and not at all intelligent. It used to be just the opposite. They will not even mail forms to you because they won't spend for the stamp!!!! It is sad because Dr. Pelina is a great. He truly cares for his patients. It is hard to get passed such a terrible, incompetent staff.

July 12th, 2008