Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Unfit Doctor with Zero Compassion show details Unfit Doctor with Zero Compassion
by Aina on Aug 25th, 2016

Unfortunately, I had to experience this doctor's unprofessionalism and inhumanity this morning. He categorically refused "to have a business with me" (in his words) just because I wanted to explore a different method of managing my hypothyroidism. He jumps to a conclusion without listening to what a patient has said or has a say. He doesn't have any other alternatives to offer other than levothyroxine. Why on earth, anyone would waste time visiting his filthy and stinky office?! I assumed that he would differentiate himself as a specialist; however, his solution to my problem was the same medication that I had been prescribed by a general practitioner.

UNREAL!!! show details UNREAL!!!
by Shay on Aug 25th, 2016

I am lost for words.I went with my sister in-law and within 2 minutes it went all crazy.I was waiting for the people from the tv show "what would you do"to walk out.She was asking is there any other thing she can do for a hypothyroid other then take the meds that can make her bones weak.His answer was NO.Nothing in this great big world can be done? He started yelling and being so rude,talking crazy stuff.We were walking down the hallway to leave and he started it up again.Who does that??? So now we are more confused and concerned then we were before .so many things he said just keep going over in my mind and I'm still like this had to be a joke or something.That couldn't have just happened.

student show details student
Dec 3rd, 2013

He is the best internal medicine doctor in Mufreesboro

Left in tears! show details Left in tears!
by Frustrated on Aug 23rd, 2013

The office is extremely outdated. Old furniture, boxes stacked behind the front counter, falling over. Front staff were all on cell phones and having private conversations loudly while I stood there waiting. Dr spent an hour with me, but mostly talked about his history in TN and bashed all the local doctors. He went through some basic health questions with me then asked if my weight was stable and before I could answer he says, I don't mean to be offensive but I can just look at you and see that you are "obese"!! Then without offering any medical advise moves on! BTW I work out 3x a wk, am a busy mom, constantly moving and have good blood pressure, good cholesterol, etc. I wasn't there to talk about my weight with him. Suddenly after all the chit chat he asked me to show my way out of the office while he sat there in the room. I felt I wasted my time and money and I don't feel his old school medical advise is up to date. Left frustrated, and looking for a new doctor.

BEST DOCTOR EVER! show details BEST DOCTOR EVER!
Feb 28th, 2013

Best Doctor I have ever seen. He spent an hour with me my first visit and forty five minutes every visit after. He is not in and out like most doctors. He seems to really care about his patients and is very passionate about being a doctor. He is straight forward and does not beat around the bush which is what I need. Someone to tell me exaclty what is going on and how to fix it. Excellent Doctor!!!

RUN RUN RUN show details RUN RUN RUN
Mar 28th, 2011

RUN RUN RUN away as fast as you can. He has no business practicing. Went to him for fuild med refull & he hollered at tme that I had Cancer!!! Coninued in a shouting match with me. He is CRAZY!! p.s.: I did not have Cancer!!

Best for care & concern show details Best for care & concern
by F. Carr on Nov 23rd, 2009

One is treated with respect & care with this Doctor. He takes time to talk with you so that he & you understand what is going on with your body. More than satisfied with him & his service. Doctor visits are no longer something to dread.

The Best Dr. show details The Best Dr.
Oct 29th, 2008

Dr. Turpin is the best Dr. i have found in a long time. He spends time with you and makes sure you know what is happening with you before you leave. His staff is also wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good caring Dr.