Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  student  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2013

He is the best internal medicine doctor in Mufreesboro

|  Left in tears!  |  show details
by Frustrated on Aug 23rd, 2013

The office is extremely outdated. Old furniture, boxes stacked behind the front counter, falling over. Front staff were all on cell phones and having private conversations loudly while I stood there waiting. Dr spent an hour with me, but mostly talked about his history in TN and bashed all the local doctors. He went through some basic health questions with me then asked if my weight was stable and before I could answer he says, I don't mean to be offensive but I can just look at you and see that you are "obese"!! Then without offering any medical advise moves on! BTW I work out 3x a wk, am a busy mom, constantly moving and have good blood pressure, good cholesterol, etc. I wasn't there to talk about my weight with him. Suddenly after all the chit chat he asked me to show my way out of the office while he sat there in the room. I felt I wasted my time and money and I don't feel his old school medical advise is up to date. Left frustrated, and looking for a new doctor.

|  BEST DOCTOR EVER!  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

Best Doctor I have ever seen. He spent an hour with me my first visit and forty five minutes every visit after. He is not in and out like most doctors. He seems to really care about his patients and is very passionate about being a doctor. He is straight forward and does not beat around the bush which is what I need. Someone to tell me exaclty what is going on and how to fix it. Excellent Doctor!!!

|  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

I had Dr. Paul Turpin for years, he is the best Dr. I have ever had, lived fifty years in Ca. no Dr. there gave you the attention and concern , Dr. Turpin has for me, I just wish he was closer to me...I drive from Mt. Juliet to Murfressboro to see him..with my Diabetes.....Lorna

|  The One Person I Trusted  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

At each visit, I was told a series of events to act on and accomplish before my next visit. When I would appear at my next visit, all his standards and rules had changed. My medication was cut in half. Four days before my next apt, I call for help as I was instructed to do if that did happen, due to the drastic cut in medication. So, I called, positive about the call, since I was following his orders. I was told there was nothing he could do, that I would have to wait until my next apt., which was four days away. So, I was left sick...not to mention my son and I were told that he would be having surgery from Vanderbilt ASAP. In general, I was a wreck and the doc I trusted to be there for me let me down and promised he was there to help, not hurt. Well, I am at a loss for words at this time. He said not to compare him to Doc Roth, in Manchester, but I believe he s worse. At least doc Roth didnt pretend to care and smack you in the face.

|  RUN RUN RUN  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

RUN RUN RUN away as fast as you can. He has no business practicing. Went to him for fuild med refull & he hollered at tme that I had Cancer!!! Coninued in a shouting match with me. He is CRAZY!! p.s.: I did not have Cancer!!

|  Best for care & concern  |  show details
by F. Carr on Nov 23rd, 2009

One is treated with respect & care with this Doctor. He takes time to talk with you so that he & you understand what is going on with your body. More than satisfied with him & his service. Doctor visits are no longer something to dread.

|  The Best Dr.  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2008

Dr. Turpin is the best Dr. i have found in a long time. He spends time with you and makes sure you know what is happening with you before you leave. His staff is also wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good caring Dr.