Dr. Burak Ozgur MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Newport Beach, CA

January 11th, 2017
Compassionate Doctor
If you are suffering with neck or back pain you don't have to live life in pain. I suffered with back pain for 10 years and Dr. Ozgur was the answer to my prayers. I am pain free post surgery since 2009.

December 12th, 2016
He did what he said he would do with the results he said could be attained.

December 3rd, 2016
My bilateral L4,5 Microdecompression resulted in total relief rom near constant leg and hip pain. I found Dr Ozgur to be totally professional which extended to his entire staff. I could not recommend a doctor more highly than Dr. Ozgur.

October 13th, 2016
At 26 I was diagnose with a herniated L4-S1, a bulging L3, and stenosis from L3-S1. Problems I am to young to have. When Dr. Ozgur saw my MRI he immediately saw all the problems I was dealing with and knew how to fix them. He treated me as a valid individual in pain who needed his assistant rather then just another person who comes into this office. He answered all of my questions in a personable manner that was easy to understand while providing all of the details about my specific surgery. He explains why he chooses a certain method, how is he going achieve it, and the successes he has seen from his patients. He is confident with his results all the while being honest that every surgery has risks. I got a mircodiscectomy and he cleaned out the stenosis from L3-S1. From the moment I got out of surgery I could feel a different for the better. Him and his staff are the reason why I am able to live and active life without pain. I would recommend him and Hoag Hospital a million times over.

May 10th, 2016
Awesome Outcome
In 2010 at the age of 46, after trying for two years to "let things heal on their own" via physical therapy and being less active (rarely a good thing), I decided to undergo surgery to fuse two levels of my lower spine. Dr. Ozgur performed this surgery for me. Unlike some of the stories I've heard of people continuing to experience pain and difficulty following such a surgery, I encountered no problems at all. Within six months I was back to a very active lifestyle, and within a year I was once again running 5k's and engaged in CrossFit (a very intense exercise regimen). Near the end of 2014 I dead-lifted (i.e. lifted a barbell from ground level to about waist-high) 375 pounds. Yesterday (May 2016) I lifted 145 pounds overhead 3 times in a row without a rest. My point isn't that those are high numbers (they aren't compared to much stronger and typically younger athletes), but rather that my back isn't something I worry about much anymore. The surgery's outcome was that good - my back has simply not been an issue since 2010, thanks to Dr. Ozgur. If you have reason to believe surgery may be a solution for you, you can not do better than having Dr. Ozgur as your surgeon.

November 23rd, 2015
from my initial phone call to Julia through to post surgery follow up appointments with Dr Ozgur I have felt that I was in the most capable hands. I could finally give up trying to control my back pain and turn it over to them. I am so pleased with results was at the gym two weeks post surgery Thank you so much. Have given many referrals out to friends and in fact are bringing in a friend end of November.

November 5th, 2015
A Great Surgeon
I went to see two neurosurgeons that were recommended to me, that looked at my MRI, and they said that the problems with my cervical spine were too complicated and difficult for them to take on my case. Then I went to see Dr. Ozgur, and he was confident and assured me that he could perform the operation. I immediately felt in very good hands, and he answered all my questions very clearly, concisely, and intelligently. At the hospital when a nurse would ask me who my surgeon was, and I told them that it was Dr. Ozgur, they all said how lucky I was, and that he was the best. I had my operation early one morning, and I left the hospital before noon the next day. I had three discs removed and four vertebra fused together. The nurses said that often patients with this particular surgery send 2-3 days in the hospital, but most of Dr. Ozgur's patients go home the next day. He is an excellent listener, very calm, intelligent, friendly, confident, not to mention a great surgeon. I would highly recommend him! Oh, and my scar, people can't even see it.

October 27th, 2015
Dr. Ozgur did my back surgery in 2011. The outcome is that I do not experience one day of pain anymore. I have to see him this week for another issue . I know that I will be taken care of, and pain free from this other injury shortly

August 6th, 2015
I had a cyst, that was causing me chronic pain, removed from my spine by Dr. Ozgur. He completely solved my problem with no complications. I was walking about 1 mile at the end of 10 days. I highly recommend Dr. Ozgur to anyone with back and/or leg pain.

July 10th, 2015
This was an extremely well managed process. The staff was exceptional. Of course quality and courteous are soon overwhelmed by a very needy clientele. Not with this Physician. It is His nature and that of his staff to always be obviously polite. I will expect that getting a "quick" appointment and a "quick" surgery date will be unlikely. The demand for the extreme quality of this Physician will continue to be a clear choice.

July 5th, 2015
Lumbar Surgical Procedure
Dr. Ozgur is an excellent neurosurgeon. He is highly knowledgeable in his area of expertise and was very thorough and kind in answering all of my health concerns. He and Erin have been very supportive and accessible throughout the entire process of my Bilateral Decompressive Laminotomy, Foraminotomy, Decompression and Left Lumbar 4/5 Disectomy surgical procedure. I would highly recommend him to anyone and would not think twice about going to him again for any future back concerns. He gave me my full mobility back, and I could not be more grateful for having come across him and his wonderful staff. Thank you very much, Dr. Ozgur!

April 21st, 2015
The absolute most professional, kind and well-qualified doctor that I have had the pleasure of seeing. He took the extra time to really listen to me and my problems and exhausted all other possibilities before he did surgery. After surgery, which was 100% successful, he followed up and has given me back my life. I highly recommend him and his wonderful staff.