Dr. Burr Ilgenfritz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Burr Ilgenfritz?

Friendly and Professional

Posted on May 1st, 2014

Posted on February 6th, 2013

This was one of my most frustrating experiences. After being referred for extreme ear pain and arriving at the office, I sat eager to find out what was wrong with my ear. I documented all of my pain and pain levels as well as medication. The doctor did not review anything I wrote prior to seeing me and instead asked me how I was able to remember the dates I recorded with such certainty. I explained that due to my work schedule, I recorded all of my symptoms because I do not have the time to be sick or to play "what antibiotic today" when I felt that there was really something wrong. I also explained that my PCP said there was clearly an issue because my eardrum was not moving and after trying an antibiotic and nasal spray, I wanted to make sure I was recording everything in hopes that when I would see a specialist something could actually be done. I was prescribed a steroid and ear drops and was told if the pain continued after I completed the steroid to give a call. I then asked about a CT scan and was told that would be the next step. Too bad the pain continued and when I called another number for the office ( I was given two by my PCP) I was told my file didn't exist. Well, I called this second number because no one would answer the first number and it turned out that these were two separate locations. After getting that matter "resolved" I was told by the doctor that I should just focus on using Sudafed because a CT scan "just couldn't be rationalized to my insurance" and if I continued to have pain after "Mardi Gras" (who would've thought Mardi Gras would cure sinus pain) to give him a call. By far one of the worst medical care experiences I have ever had. Oh, and yes, Sudafed D (like the Mucinex D that I had been using previously) did nothing for the ear pain, blocked nasal passage, and sore throat either.

Posted on September 21st, 2015