Dr. Burr Ilgenfritz MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

February 5th, 2013
This was one of my most frustrating experiences. After being referred for extreme ear pain and arriving at the office, I sat eager to find out what was wrong with my ear. I documented all of my pain and pain levels as well as medication. The doctor did not review anything I wrote prior to seeing me and instead asked me how I was able to remember the dates I recorded with such certainty. I explained that due to my work schedule, I recorded all of my symptoms because I do not have the time to be sick or to play "what antibiotic today" when I felt that there was really something wrong. I also explained that my PCP said there was clearly an issue because my eardrum was not moving and after trying an antibiotic and nasal spray, I wanted to make sure I was recording everything in hopes that when I would see a specialist something could actually be done. I was prescribed a steroid and ear drops and was told if the pain continued after I completed the steroid to give a call. I then asked about a CT scan and was told that would be the next step. Too bad the pain continued and when I called another number for the office ( I was given two by my PCP) I was told my file didn't exist. Well, I called this second number because no one would answer the first number and it turned out that these were two separate locations. After getting that matter "resolved" I was told by the doctor that I should just focus on using Sudafed because a CT scan "just couldn't be rationalized to my insurance" and if I continued to have pain after "Mardi Gras" (who would've thought Mardi Gras would cure sinus pain) to give him a call. By far one of the worst medical care experiences I have ever had. Oh, and yes, Sudafed D (like the Mucinex D that I had been using previously) did nothing for the ear pain, blocked nasal passage, and sore throat either.

September 21st, 2015