A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Burton Alexander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Burton Alexander is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alexander
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alexander Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Burton Alexander, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alexander graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Alexander has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Sentara Obici Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Burton F Alexander MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Burton F. Alexander practice?
- Dr. Burton Alexander has 1 office location.
Dr. Burton Alexander practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Internists, Norfolk Hematologists, and Norfolk Oncologists.