A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Burton Alexander:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Burton Alexander is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alexander
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alexander Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Burton Alexander, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alexander graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Alexander has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
- Sentara Obici Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Burton F Alexander MD is a male Internist, has 20 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Burton F. Alexander practice?
- Dr. Burton Alexander has 1 office location.
Dr. Burton Alexander practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Internists, Norfolk Hematologists, and Norfolk Oncologists.