A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Burton Appel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Burton Appel is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Appel
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Appel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Burton Appel, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Appel graduated from University of Chicago.
Dr. Appel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Pascack Valley Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Burton Appel MD is a male Pediatrician, has 21 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Burton Appel practice?
- Dr. Burton Appel has 1 office location.
Dr. Burton Appel practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Hackensack, NJ.
See Hackensack Pediatricians and Hackensack Pediatric Specialists.