Family Physicians, General Practitioner

1155 Commerce Dr
Suite C
Las Cruces, NM 88011
(575) 524-3720
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Berkson gives a patient new life and hope  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2014

I am a continuing patient with Dr. Berkson and I get alpha lipoic IV's in his office. I have net many of his patients. Today I shared joy with one of his patients whose his physician had given a few months to live because of her liver problems. Her numbers are dramatically improved and she is able to walk easily. When she arrived in LC she struggled to get out of her chair. Dr. B saved her life!

|  Well worth the wait!  |  show details
by Bev H on Apr 2nd, 2014

I had advanced Lyme disease and Bartonella and could no longer take the antibiotics because they caused me to be hospitalized with liver failure. In addition I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica from the Shingles vaccine almost 3 years prior. Dr. Burt Berkson is a compassionate healer and well worth the wait. I pinch myself every day because I cannot believe I am totally symptom and pain free with only having received the Alpha Lipoic Acid treatments and Low Dose Naltrexone as well as following the basic common sense diet and supplement regime he advised. Genetic testing several months prior revealed, as suspected, that none of my liver enzymes metabolize drugs normally. I also have a history of medication sensitivity. Dr. Berkson took the results seriously. He and his intelligent and caring nursing staff understood how to then administer the ALA in gradual step up doses and order a pediatric dose of the LDN. The ALA definitely crossed the brain blood barrier; because within one week I knew it had gotten into the part of the brain controlling my temperature that had been damaged by the Lyme and Bartonella spirochetes. I then asked if they would step up from the baby doses of ALA but was told they wanted it to still be a gradual step up. By the second week much of the arthritis and muscle and joint pain were gone. Dr. B wanted me to find a doctor back in PA to continue the ALA since I was still on such a low dose, but I chose to stay there. By the third week the cerebral cortex and the part of the brain that controlled my emotions was back to normal.My final and fourth week I realized the nerve damage in my right arm from the statin drug Vytorin, which Merck advised me in 2005 would be permanent, was now gone and I could write without fatigue. I have been home a month. My friends and family are amazed to see how great I look. They marvel at my ability to move normally and read and comprehend everything. Lab results verified my inflammation and muscle breakdown was cut in half after less than 4 weeks of the treatments. I too listened to Dr. B explain all that he has done and how he treats so many diseases, but I think it is to eliminate any fears the first time they hook you up to an IV. It made me feel confident I was in the hands of a world renowned doc who is brilliant and never stops learning or questioning! I did 4 weeks of IV's and there was not a mark or bruise on either arm. The nurses and office staff are the best you will find anywhere! Las Cruces, NM is a very healing place. The patients and staff are filled with hope and optimism.

|  Excellent results in treatment of inflammation  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2013

I had rheumatoid symptoms -but I did not have rheumatoid arthritis. My knuckles were swollen and my neck and both shoulders were quite painful. My rheumatologist expected me to be on meds the rest of my life. I received Dr. B's standard intravenous alpha lipoic acid plus low dose naltrexone. All of my rheumatoid symptoms are gone except for a bit of tenderness in one shoulder. My only complaint is that I read all of the internet items - especially the Honest Medicine story- and I knew Dr. B's story. He proceeded to tell me all of this information again and bill me for it. In an hour of office visit we had less than 10 minutes of discussion about my medical conditions. I suggested that a friend also see Dr. B and even though that friend knew all about Dr. B and his protocols, the friend heard the same long story from Dr. B - and was billed the same $400 for the story.

|  wow...  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2012

first good doctor met in half a century, actually heals people.

|  Got His Life Back Thanks to Dr. Burt Berkson  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

My brother Dan and I flew to Dr, Berkson's office in Las Cruces, NM. My brother was pretty much told to go home and die from Hep C and Stage 4 Cirrhosis, nothing was left for him except a transplant. We sent his medical info to Dr. Berkson and were told he felt he could help him. I know this sounds impossible and I would be very suspicious myself if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. After 2 days of treatment my brother was able to walk up the stairs at our hotel, stay up all day and was feeling much better. After the two weeks of treatment I felt like I was going home with another person. He was given his life back! He could walk without any problems and even wheeled his own suitcase into the airport without difficulty. This isn't an isolated case. Everybody in the office was having the same results. This Dr. is amazing. I believe since he was a PhD in Microbiology before he became an MD, he has much more insight into what makes things work. Instead of my brother having the typical Ribovirin/Telepravir treatments and feeling even worse during treatment and possibly having no success, he had absolutely NO side effects except feeling better each day. We've been back in Los Angeles for about 2 weeks and he keeps feeling better and better each day. Dr. Berkson has him taking ALA/Silymarin/Selenium and B complex along with LDN and is doing so well he is now able to ride his Harley and beginning to do all the things he wasn't able to do for the last 2 years. You owe it to yourself to check Dr. Berkson out. He's been doing this well over 20 years and not one complaint anywhere on the internet. That's amazing in itself !!

|  The Best By Far  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Berkson for 10 years. Was given 2-12 mo. to live 7 mo. prior to going to him. He totally turned my health around. He is the most caring and knowledgeable Dr. I have ever been too and his son is now following in his footsteps. He is an excellant Dr. in his own right. I have recommended Dr. Berkson to thousands.

Jul 17th, 2011

Dr Berkson is keenly knowledgeable. He saves lives of patients, that other doctors have given up on. He took better care of me than my oncologist when I had breast cancer. With his help, I am now cancer free. His treatments regenerate livers, get patients off organ transplant lists; help Hepatitis C patients live long healthy lives. He does not just 'doctor', he saves lives. His staff are impeccable, intelligent, friendly and make you feel right at home. HE IS THE BEST. If your doctor gives you six months to live - come to Las Cruces and Dr Berkson will extend your life or cure your ailment. I have been a patient for 15 years. Patients come from ALL over the WORLD. Don't give up hope, come to Berkson and receive hope.

Mar 27th, 2010

HIGHLY INTELLIGENT DOCTOR AND SCIENTIST.HE HAS BEEN A PROFESSOR AND VISITING PROFESSOR AT SEVERAL MEDICAL SCHOOLS AND USES HIS PHD AS MUCH AS HE USES HIS MD.HE HAS NUMEROUS PUBLICATIONS IN THE FIELDS OF MICROBIOLOGY, CELL BIOLOGY, HEPATITIS, AND CANCER MEDICINE.WHEN I TYPED IN BERKSON BM ON GOOGLE I WAS VERY SURPRISED AT HIS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE.

by Nolachris on Dec 25th, 2009

He has helped my Hepatitis C virus as well as my overall health. It was well worth the trip to see him! Great doctor!

|  Suddenly he changes his mind  |  show details
by helle dunam on Sep 7th, 2009

Berkson's ideas egytegyuegyeuegeuyuyuegyuegyuuuyuyuyueyuyuyuyyuuyuyuuuuuuuuruuuu I wrote him at once.I didn't expect an answer and I forgot about it. I got an answer saying he thought he could help me, so I went out to find the cheapest flight I could to new Mexico' it turned out to be ciudad juarez and then a taxi across the river. I got a rather frantic phone call. Someone was scared I might actually show up.Probably this is a very nice guy, but I felt I was off to NM, to get a treatment that might work, and getting told that Berkson, after all, didn't want to do it, was exceedingly depressing.DO NO HARM PHYSICIANS!I just reaD THAT any criticsm of any MD isn't allowed and will be punished by a lawsuit