Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, General Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Brenda in Oklahoma on May 24th, 2016

Dr. Berkson is one of the greatest doctors of this generation!

by Carl Robinson on Feb 21st, 2016

Outstanding results and a very caring staff. Never get surgery before consulting the Doctor first.

Dec 28th, 2015

The appointments were for my husband suffering severe liver damage. The in-depth labs and subsequent information we received was outstanding. The IV room was hassle free and the staff were all wonderful. I hope to return to NM soon for my husband and for my health issues!

Dec 21st, 2015

The only doctors office I would trust in New Mexico.

by Nancy on Nov 24th, 2015

He is a genius who has saved many people whom other more traditional physicians had told there was no hope

by Jo Bean on Nov 23rd, 2015

Dr. Berkson treated me for 11 yrs. and is the best Dr. I have ever had. He treats the whole person and genuinely cares for his patients as people. I cannot recommend him highly enough. If you have an auto immune disease, don''t walk, RUN to him..He is the best..

Dr Berkson's Care show details Dr Berkson's Care
Oct 26th, 2015

His front desk receptionist is just not pleasant- not talking about his wife or other family members. And, another nurse is just not friendly either. He's a fantastic doctor. his other staff is great!

Dr. Berkson gives a patient new life and hope show details Dr. Berkson gives a patient new life and hope
Jun 5th, 2014

I am a continuing patient with Dr. Berkson and I get alpha lipoic IV's in his office. I have net many of his patients. Today I shared joy with one of his patients whose his physician had given a few months to live because of her liver problems. Her numbers are dramatically improved and she is able to walk easily. When she arrived in LC she struggled to get out of her chair. Dr. B saved her life!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Well worth the wait! show details Well worth the wait!
by Bev H on Apr 2nd, 2014

I had advanced Lyme disease and Bartonella and could no longer take the antibiotics because they caused me to be hospitalized with liver failure. In addition I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica from the Shingles vaccine almost 3 years prior. Dr. Burt Berkson is a compassionate healer and well worth the wait. I pinch myself every day because I cannot believe I am totally symptom and pain free with only having received the Alpha Lipoic Acid treatments and Low Dose Naltrexone as well as following the basic common sense diet and supplement regime he advised. Genetic testing several months prior revealed, as suspected, that none of my liver enzymes metabolize drugs normally. I also have a history of medication sensitivity. Dr. Berkson took the results seriously. He and his intelligent and caring nursing staff understood how to then administer the ALA in gradual step up doses and order a pediatric dose of the LDN. The ALA definitely crossed the brain blood barrier; because within one week I knew it had gotten into the part of the brain controlling my temperature that had been damaged by the Lyme and Bartonella spirochetes. I then asked if they would step up from the baby doses of ALA but was told they wanted it to still be a gradual step up. By the second week much of the arthritis and muscle and joint pain were gone. Dr. B wanted me to find a doctor back in PA to continue the ALA since I was still on such a low dose, but I chose to stay there. By the third week the cerebral cortex and the part of the brain that controlled my emotions was back to normal.My final and fourth week I realized the nerve damage in my right arm from the statin drug Vytorin, which Merck advised me in 2005 would be permanent, was now gone and I could write without fatigue. I have been home a month. My friends and family are amazed to see how great I look. They marvel at my ability to move normally and read and comprehend everything. Lab results verified my inflammation and muscle breakdown was cut in half after less than 4 weeks of the treatments. I too listened to Dr. B explain all that he has done and how he treats so many diseases, but I think it is to eliminate any fears the first time they hook you up to an IV. It made me feel confident I was in the hands of a world renowned doc who is brilliant and never stops learning or questioning! I did 4 weeks of IV's and there was not a mark or bruise on either arm. The nurses and office staff are the best you will find anywhere! Las Cruces, NM is a very healing place. The patients and staff are filled with hope and optimism.

Excellent results in treatment of inflammation show details Excellent results in treatment of inflammation
Dec 16th, 2013

I had rheumatoid symptoms -but I did not have rheumatoid arthritis. My knuckles were swollen and my neck and both shoulders were quite painful. My rheumatologist expected me to be on meds the rest of my life. I received Dr. B's standard intravenous alpha lipoic acid plus low dose naltrexone. All of my rheumatoid symptoms are gone except for a bit of tenderness in one shoulder. My only complaint is that I read all of the internet items - especially the Honest Medicine story- and I knew Dr. B's story. He proceeded to tell me all of this information again and bill me for it. In an hour of office visit we had less than 10 minutes of discussion about my medical conditions. I suggested that a friend also see Dr. B and even though that friend knew all about Dr. B and his protocols, the friend heard the same long story from Dr. B - and was billed the same $400 for the story.

wow... show details wow...
Aug 18th, 2012

first good doctor met in half a century, actually heals people.

The Best By Far show details The Best By Far
Dec 8th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Berkson for 10 years. Was given 2-12 mo. to live 7 mo. prior to going to him. He totally turned my health around. He is the most caring and knowledgeable Dr. I have ever been too and his son is now following in his footsteps. He is an excellant Dr. in his own right. I have recommended Dr. Berkson to thousands.

Jul 17th, 2011

Dr Berkson is keenly knowledgeable. He saves lives of patients, that other doctors have given up on. He took better care of me than my oncologist when I had breast cancer. With his help, I am now cancer free. His treatments regenerate livers, get patients off organ transplant lists; help Hepatitis C patients live long healthy lives. He does not just 'doctor', he saves lives. His staff are impeccable, intelligent, friendly and make you feel right at home. HE IS THE BEST. If your doctor gives you six months to live - come to Las Cruces and Dr Berkson will extend your life or cure your ailment. I have been a patient for 15 years. Patients come from ALL over the WORLD. Don't give up hope, come to Berkson and receive hope.

Mar 27th, 2010

HIGHLY INTELLIGENT DOCTOR AND SCIENTIST.HE HAS BEEN A PROFESSOR AND VISITING PROFESSOR AT SEVERAL MEDICAL SCHOOLS AND USES HIS PHD AS MUCH AS HE USES HIS MD.HE HAS NUMEROUS PUBLICATIONS IN THE FIELDS OF MICROBIOLOGY, CELL BIOLOGY, HEPATITIS, AND CANCER MEDICINE.WHEN I TYPED IN BERKSON BM ON GOOGLE I WAS VERY SURPRISED AT HIS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE.

by Nolachris on Dec 25th, 2009

He has helped my Hepatitis C virus as well as my overall health. It was well worth the trip to see him! Great doctor!