Dr. Butchaiah Garlapati MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

no change

November 7th, 2016
Great Pain Dr!
I have been with Dr Butchs clinic for 13 years & he is great! Although I have seen a change in staff curtiness over the years Dr butch has always been kind. Before him I had been through 3 pain Drs, a Nuro implant for pain, and many other failed attempts to control my pain. My great aunt had told me about him and while I was sitting in the worst pain clinic I had ever seen (a 4hr wait, 2 being in the exam room, it smelled like cat pee every where because they had cats in there, really, and the refused to let children in the clinic so my husband sat in the car with our baby) I called dr but he's clinic to see if they could see me. I got a appt. the next day! So I walked out and went to butch. That was the nest thing I ever done. My 1st appt was amazing! He talked with me for 1 hour and asked what all worked in the past and what had not. He gave me what had worked and it helped so much. Up until the last 4 years I was able to only drive the 2 hour drive to see him 4 times a year and my PCP wrote the scripts out for dr butch. Since the laws have changed on pain meds I have to go in every 3 months. Which is no big deal. Dr butch has ALWAYS been curtisous, kind and sits down beside me and talks to me like a good friend & not some drug addict. He always ask if the Meds are still working and if they need to go up in dosage. I've only went up once in the last 13 years so I think that has something to do with it. He knows I'm there for the right reasons... There is times I have seen the nurse practitioner or a "guest" dr but they always run the info by dr butch, ask if I need to see him or he will step in to say hi and see if things are going well. I only see the others on his procedure days. Those are busy days. There is one lady that is just rude... She has a major chip on her shoulder toward white people. Many many have said this, not just me. Not being rude about her, just getting that info out there. I've seen her twice and dr butch has listened when I said I wasn't comfortable with her and he understood. I don't think she is there anymore, I haven't seen her around in 6 months now. The staff are nice but if you get nasty with them they will not put up with it! I understand that. people have to understand what they put up with daily. If you miss an appt and don't call to cancel you will be charged for it! Keep that in mind. If you can't give a urein sample they will draw blood. If you fail a drug test you will be kicked out of the program. If you go in demanding this or that, being rude or acting like you are only there for pills, you will be asked to leave. If your truly in pain and need a great dr to listen to your needs then this is your guy!

August 19th, 2016
good
good.

June 2nd, 2016
Great Doctor, He listened to my complaints, and examined my full range of motion. I've had trouble with OTHER doctors who would merely look but not test/examine my limits from multiple injuries. He is a competent doctor. He spent his time examining. I recommend him.

November 7th, 2015
OMG never ever again!
I am ashamed to admit that I went to this doctor for 4 years. I told him from the very first visit that I wasn't interested in narcotics and he said he understood but that was a lie. I saw him 2 times in 4 years, the rest of the time was PA or nurse. I had to beg for months for an mri and when it was finally ordered it took them over six months for the results. I willingly took drug tests whenever they asked and kept them updated about my other medications. When my private insurance became secondary to medicare this office was not happy, At one visit they placed me in a room for over 4 hours and even after i inquired multiple times about the delay they attempted to lock up the clinic for the day, with me still there. They said oh they forgot about me. On my last visit, they had someone I didn't know come in and start complaining to me about my other medical issues, which she obviously didn't know a thing about and she was unwilling to listen when I tried to explain to her about the misconceptions she had in regards to those medical conditions and she said oh you think that you know more than me and she stomped out of the room. Next thing I knew she had come back to the room, slammed the door against the wall and said since you think you are so smart you are getting a blood test. While I initially agreed to the blood test, after more than 10 sticks to my arms and hands in which they were unsuccessful in getting the blood sample I begged them to let me go 4 blocks up to the hospital and let the lab take the blood and she said no I am going to put in your chart that you refused the blood test. I said that I never refused the test but they obviously were not capable of drawing the blood however I was willing to have the hospital attempt to draw my blood. Suffice it to say that I was crying by the time I left that office and I have never gone back. I now have a different doctor who understands why I don't want narcotics and has helped me explore options like a tens unit, physical therapy and radio frequency etc. I would NOT recommend this doctor or his office to a dog much less to any human.

September 23rd, 2015
after going to see this dr, if you call seeing his underlings seeing the actual dr you will not. and expect to see someone different every time and to get the meds that work taken away because they get a kickback from the company. Does not LISTEN to his patents just wants that kickback and dr visit money,

April 12th, 2012
Treats me like i'm always lying, moving on.

April 27th, 2011
Aggrevated my injury. Didn't listen to me or seem concerned for pain caused in his office.
Scheduled an appointment with him to attempt to control post-op nerve pain in my foot. Took about 5 weeks to get my initial appointment. Received a packet in the mail that addressed me like a drug-addict and required pain-staking detail about my condition and past medications. Despite thoroughly filling out the info and telling the nurse my details, Dr. Garlapati didn't read any of it. I had to re-explain the problem. Also, I researched the probable medication options prior to the appointment to see what could be compatible with breastfeeding (I have a new baby). He didn't listen to my suggestions, and sent me away with 1 new medication that was on the list I can't take. Despite those issues, the worst part of my experience was during the visit. He wanted to do a lidocaine injection. I have no problem with shots or needles. However, he had a 2.5 inch needle, which he opted to insert in to the most sensitive part of my nerve-damaged foot (I just recently started to wear socks...that is how sensitive it is). I screamed and cried on the table. He said "I am trying to help you", then finally removed the needle after I yelled to take it out. He had hardly delivered any of the medicine.Believe it or not, he asked me to return in 2 weeks for another shot. Perhaps the guy who cut his own leg off to get out from under a trapped rock could sustain that type of pain, but I do not believe it is reasonable to ask out of me...especially for lidocaine, which has a short half-life and absolutely no healing properties. For a pain management clinic, he did not seem to have any concern for how much pain he caused. Also, I would guess he had free access to any number of topical numbing creams and other pain-managing options (for use prior to that shot).Hours later, my foot still is throbbing and painful around the incision site (in addition to the baseline shooting pain, which was my initial issue).

August 16th, 2010
be careful
i found this clinic wanted to get me to take pain medicine on a regular basis whether i felt i needed it or not.

April 21st, 2010
I was a patient of dr. Galapati for over 5 years.He is a very caring Dr. I never left feeling like a number he always made sure I was ok before I left his office.He never treated me like I was less than"concerned about my pain and tried to make sure I was a comfortable as could be with all the pain that I have,I would still be his patient had I not moved to Colorado.I personally think he is a great Dr. Best bedside manner. Did all he could do to keep me as comfortable as he could.Great Dr., he is one of few that still cares about his patients. I only hope to find a Dr. in Colorado as kind and caring as he is. I will miss him alot.

December 5th, 2009
Very nice Doctor
Dr. Butch is a very caring doctor and is there to help you not treat you like a drug addict. Its hard to find someone who is genuine these days. I've been seeing him for a few years and have never had a prpblem with him. He's a friend that I go to for help with my chronic pain that how he makes you feel. Thank goodness for Dr. Butch.

October 26th, 2009
A Doctor who really cares!
"Dr. Butch" is a wonderful compassionate doctor. I have MANY chronic pain illnesses but the main ones are Rheumatoid Artheritis (have had it for 18 years) and Fibromyalgia (have had it for 10 years) and have been to MANY doctors. None of the doctors here in my little area can help me. My rheumatologist treats the disease, but not the pain. A friend told me about Dr.Butch so I went to see him with little expectation. The only way all the other doctors had dealt with my pain was with steroids (everyone knows what that does to your body!) and pain pills that left me constantly dopey but still in pain. On my first visit, I was issued a personal "shock treatment" machine for my fibro and shown exercises to help keep my joints moving. And pain pills? Dr.Butch put me on one that takes away the pain but doesn't leave me dopey. I drive 250 miles every 3 months to see him and the drive is worth it!

August 10th, 2009
Amazing Doctor and Staff
I have suffered with back and feet pain for SO long. Most pain doctors are fine as long as they can shoot you up with steriods (and make the big bucks), while you gain tons of weight and make the pain worse in the end (because of the added weight). Dr Butch, (that's his nickname), listens and I am actually losing weight now AND have so much better pain control with this alternative treatment. I have been put through the wringer by the OTHER pain docs and left THE OTHER docs offices crying so many because they were so mean and didn't listen. One actually made continual comments about my weight (like their steroids weren't doing anything to help). I have not left once from Dr. Butch's office crying. His bedside manner and staff are top-notch and always listen and call me back! I am forever grateful for his dedication and pray he never, ever retires! I HAVE HOPE AGAIN!!!!! :)