Obstetricians & Gynecologists

500 Medical Center Blvd
Ste 290
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
770-962-5100
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Prayers  |  show details
by Momof2 on Nov 12th, 2013

I have always stayed clear of men doctors and when I first started using preferred womens tried my best to stay clear. It just made me uncomfortable. I had one appointment with him for my daughter and it was a quick check up( measured the belly and listened to the heartbeat), but the compassion he showed me really had me think twice of staying clear. He listened and never tried to rush the appointment. It was great. Then with my son, we had an emergency and after going to the ER and being told baby was okay, things were still weird and so I called the doctor's office and the only person that could see was Dr. Dickerson. Again, he cared so much about me and my concerns and what he was doing. He even remembered me out of his hundreds of patients and brought up my daughter and husband. He really just blew me away! He actually got the honors of delivering my son and caring for him while in the hospital. I was hoping to get to see him very soon, because we are now expecting our 3rd child. He was an amazing person and an exceptional doctor and he will be truly missed! I will be praying for his family and friends and those in work place as well.

|  God bless and comfort his family and friends  |  show details
by Sad on Nov 5th, 2013

Dr. Byron Curtis Dickerson, 50, died on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 in Suwanee, Georgia. He was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana on September 22, 1963, the first born twin of Ural Weldon and Alma (Ricks) Dickerson. He was the grandson of Heward and Arvie Ricks and Jesse and Omega Dickerson. He graduated from Ruston High School in Ruston, La. in 1981. He completed his undergraduate studies at Louisiana Tech with a degree in Zoology and went on to earn his medical degree from LSUMC in Shreveport, Louisiana. After completing training in Obstetrics & Gynecology @ Alton Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana, he practiced medicine in Lawrenceville, Georgia for 20 years. He was currently practicing medicine at Womens Preferred Healthcare in Lawrenceville, Georgia while also serving as Chief of the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Gwinnett Medical Center. He is survived by his wife Lisa Simon Dickerson, and his two children Julia Leigh (16), and Jesse Cooper (14) and his twin sister Lydia Olivia Dickerson. He will be remembered by his family not only for his generous heart, his love of reading and his playful sense of humor. He was greatly loved and respected by his family, friends and colleagues. He was a faithful Christian man who will be sorely missed. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Byron's honor to The Catholic Church of St. Monica Adoration Chapel, 1700 Buford Hwy., Duluth GA, 30096. Condolences may be sent by visiting www.billheadfuneralhomes. The Funeral Mass will be said 11:00 AM Monday October 28, 2013 at the Catholic Church of St. Monica with Father Jack Durkin serving as Celebrant. The family will receive friends Sunday October 27, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Bill Head Funeral Homes and Crematory Duluth Chapel 770-476-2535.

|  Most caring involved doctor I have ever met. Delivered my daughter last month  |  show details
by Molly on Oct 24th, 2013

Dr. Dickerson was my doctor through my entire pregnancy. He always took his time with me and made sure that he was there for me any time I needed to come in. Which was a lot! He promised that he would be the one to do my c-section and deliver my daughter and he was the first person that ever got to touch my baby because he made sure he came through with his promise to do my delivery. She came 5 weeks early and he took every precaution to make sure that my baby and I both remained healthy. I will always have a place in my heart for him.

|  WOW In all Caps  |  show details
by ESam on Oct 8th, 2013

WOW in all Caps!! Ladies Listen, I just had an appointment today and made it my duty to come straight home and write a review. I made an appointment a couple of weeks ago, printed out the patient forms, and in I went. I sat in the waiting room for less than 5 minutes and was greeted so nice by ALL staff members. This is VERY important to me as I'm a Nurse and manner's matter. I saw Dr. Dickerson and was amazed how well everything went. Very gentle person who sat and actually listened to what I had to say, DID NOT rush me as I spoke long and hard about my past experience and my concerns. The 1st thing he said when he walked in the door was. "I believe WE can help you"....... I was so nervous as it had been over a year since being seen by anyone I trusted. Having past OB issues, not to mention High Risk! This was my 1st time going and I will for sure reschedule again! This place ranks more than a 5 in my book. I hope and Pray this helps someone else :)

|  Old times at chabert medical  |  show details
by Susan Leblanc Moss on Oct 2nd, 2013

Hi Byron; I hope you are doing well and very happy! This is Susan from L & D CMC!!! Miss seeing your smiling face. Jeff Larisey died almost a year ago now and he is missed. Thought you might like to know. If you want to contact me moss_susan_@hotmail.com. Would love to hear from you. Take care. Those were the best days! You know what I am talking about!!

|  known him for 10 years  |  show details
by new mom on May 27th, 2013

I have known Dr D. for 10 years and he has exceeded my expectations on a number of occasions before my pregnancy, during, and after. His office has always made me feel that I was part of a family and I absolutely love him and his partners and staff!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Nina on Mar 27th, 2013

I'm new in this country and in the beginning had some problem with service in US no matter where I go , people just can not do their job right , so I lost trust to everybody . But one day our good friend recommended Dr. Byron Dickerson . Since my husband and I talked with Dr.Dickerson and then saw his professionalism . I can say " Yes " , you can trust this person your health !!! Thank you !

|  Excellent and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

Dr. Dickerson is a most excellent and caring physician. He truly cares about his patients.

|  show details
by GA girl on Nov 3rd, 2009

Love Dr. Dickerson and the staff at his office. I have had surgery as well as check ups and found him to be very compassionate and thorough. I would highly recommend him!

|  great doctor  |  show details
by redroses4977 on Aug 18th, 2009 on kudzu.com

He was a wonderful doctor but iam upset cause he did a sugery on me in 2007 and just because i got a couple of months behind on payments due to being a single mom and had hard times he dropped me even though i called up one day to pay it in full the ladies at the desk said he wont see me nomore..he was a great doctor what a shame..

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by tstrange333 on Feb 25th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Great OBGYN doctor. Dickerson (or Dr. D) always takes time to ask lots of questions and make sure all of your questions are answered. Good support staff and wait times not long.

|  OBGYN  |  show details
by queenbdw on Nov 4th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Didn't take the time or show compassion during my pregnancy. Had under-qualified staff call with test results. Didn't take the time to know who I was or anything about me. I don't believe I ever saw the same doctor twice after I conceived.