Dr. Byron Gatlin MD, FACOG Patient Reviews

• Bad

January 30th, 2017
an amazing doctor

January 23rd, 2017
I saw Dr Gatlin for both of my pregnancies he was wonderful. I had long labors with both and he was there every step of the way. Both deliveries had complications and he did not stress me out he knew exactly what to do and got it done. I would definitely see him if I have another baby. I also see him for all other genealogical issues.

February 2nd, 2016
Baby momma
Dr.Gatlin has been supervising me during my first pregnancy and we're on the home stretch, only 3 more weeks to go. Everything has gone routinely thus far and I've had zero issues with him. I prefer someone straight forward and to the point. He ALWAYS asks if we have any questions and will take the time to answer them but at the same time he's not going to get all buddy buddy and baby you. Which is how I prefer to be treated, but I can see how some women would prefer a little more interaction. I like my super fast in and out appointments and his nurse Tuleah is fantastic!

February 3rd, 2015
Has the best nurse she's really kind n fun to talk too

January 26th, 2015
Worst bedside mannerism I've ever experienced. Doesn't take time to even get to know his patients. Has a "I don't care" attitude. He's very unprofessional.

January 25th, 2015
Excellent
I feel very secure and in good hands with Dr. Gatlin. He really takes the time to explain everything to my husband and I. I am happy that he's my Dr.

March 24th, 2014
Caution
Dr. Gatlin recently supervised my prenatal care and delivery. If you are sensitive or need compassion in any way, do not see Dr. Gatlin. I dreaded my doctor's appointments. I don't know why I didn't switch providers, but I should have. I had a difficult pregnancy with a lot of discomfort and fear. I felt uncared for, alone, bullied and disrespected. I also had difficulty when I would call the nurse with a question or problem. I dreaded calling and they made me feel embarrassed and stupid. I would not let my sister see Dr. Gatlin. I found him extremely cold and unconcerned with my feelings. He was repeatedly disrespectful to myself and my husband. He also did not always have accurate medical information and I don't believe he keeps up on best policies and practices. He should retire if he doesn't care about moms and babies anymore.

February 7th, 2014
Was hoping for insight into health issues came away discussed with the attitude and hostility. I would call this dr a bully- yes that describes him fully a bully. He does not deserve a 1 star.

June 17th, 2010
First time mother
Dr. Gatlin was a fabulous Dr. and I would recommend him and do recommend him to everyone! He is not self centered and cocky he is simply confident in what he is doing.. which is the ONLY kind of Dr. I would want to be associated with.. he is straight forward and does not beat around the bush.. I personally don't need to be babied so I appreciate that in a Dr.

March 16th, 2010
not up on the latest information, self centered
Does not seem to follow current best practice guidelines, rude to staff in his own office (now in washington state) - presents as a know it all but in checking his information, does not know much. He must think no one will ever question him . i would not go see him if I were you.

March 30th, 2009
Best Dr New Ulm Had!!!
I wish dr gatlin would return to NUMC. He delivered my 1st son, then moved away mid pregnancy with my 2nd. i 1000% preferred dr gatlin over the others!!

August 8th, 2017