Dr. Byron Willis Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Byron Willis?

Great experience

Posted on February 22nd, 2017

I felt he explained the medical problem very well. Gave me options and suggestions before having any surgery.

Posted on June 4th, 2016

Had a spinal fusion surgery performed about 12 years ago by this doctor. Surgery was 100% successful, I am now pain free and very pleased that I chose this doctor!

Poor care and no bedside manner

Posted on August 10th, 2015

Dr. Willis operated on my Partner for a "simple" Mengioma. The surgery was much shorter than we were told but there were numerous problems during the surgery & my Partner developed an infection that was obtained during the surgery. He was pleased with the infection which then lead to 9 more days in ICU and going home with a Pik line into which I had to inject antibiotics several times per day. Dr. Willis saw my Partner ONCE after both surgeries. His care and bedside manner were deplorable in my opinion.

The best for surgery

Posted on June 24th, 2015

He has been my surgeon twice and will soon be for a third time. I trust him.

Stay AWAY from this neurosurgeon and his office staff

Posted on March 12th, 2015

I required brain surgery in 2009 to implant a shunt. I had severe problems tolerating it. In 2010 Dr. Willis performed another brain operation on me. He clamped off the catheter that drains the spinal fluid from my brain saying that he would be monitoring me closely to see what my "clinical response" was to clamping the catheter. I was put into a regular room Vitals were done at midnight and then no one saw me. They found me comatose 4 hours later. (Clamping the catheter had caused my brain to swell to a huge degree. ) I was transferred to the ICU where I remained comatose for days. I went through much physical and "memory retraining". My vision was damaged permanently due to the high pressures on my optic nerve. I knew then I had to find someone that knew what they were doing. I had many problems with the office staff from the start. From my experience they are totally unprofessional and can not relate to patients at all. I found a extremely reputable neurosurgeon who knew within 5 minutes why I was not tolerating the shunt. He also told me I was misdiagnosed. My sincere hope in writing this is that other people needing brain surgery will not have to suffer the way I did. I certainly do not recommend Dr. Willis or his staff.

Posted on January 19th, 2015

Great and success surgeon on my hernia disc L4 and my pain is complete gone.

Posted on November 22nd, 2014

Dr. Willis is an excellent physician. His staff is good, as well. My only frustration with his office is with follow up care. Perhaps because I was not an emergency situation, his staff did not return phone calls in a timely manner.

Posted on October 11th, 2013

Friendly and easy to talk with. Explains well. Doesn't make you feel rushed.

Posted on April 6th, 2013

My husband has been pushed off from this Dr. so many times it's not even funny. He NEEDS surgery like, NOW. Every other Dr. he has seen even the one that retired from that same office recently says my husband needs surgery. He can't even stand up straight or work a full shift anymore. What does this guy do? Not only does he not listen to my husband but, orders more MRI's (they already have about 5-6 of them) and, then just pushed him off. Dr. Willis didn't even offer anything to help with his pain. Looks to me like someone has a God Complex.......save yourself and your loved ones the hassle and NEVER see this quack job..

Posted on June 1st, 2012

Dr. Willis has had a great bedside manner through my visits and surgery. The office stall has always been great with me. I highly recommend Dr. Willis for major back surgery...I thought it would be much worse.

Posted on January 24th, 2012

I found Dr. Willis to be very informative and his bedside manner was great for a surgeon. All of my appointments have been on time and with my upcoming surgery, his staff and the Dr. have been readily available to me.

Posted on January 10th, 2012

So far I'm not impressed with this Dr. Have waited at least 3 months to get in to see him. He decided to take vacation and all patients had to get rescheduled until he got back. Now, on the day before my friend was scheduled to see him his staff called and cancelled again. Who knows when my friend will get in to see him In the meantime my friend is in a massive amount of pain but do you think he cares. No I don't think so.