Overall Review

May 12th, 2015
One of the best doctors I've seen so far
He is the only doctor I trust blindly. His bed manners are outstanding. I went to see him after seeing more than 15 doctors who gave up on me but he did not. He was so caring and contacted all my previous doctors and worked with them to help me get better. I will always forever be grateful to Dr. Ryu. He is absolutely amazing.

February 17th, 2015
He is the BEST
He is by far the best Dr I've been to. He is very caring and kind. He takes all the time he needs to explain things and also bro listen to your concerns and fears. He is very professional and knowledgable. I would recommend him to anyone. Dr Ryu is simply amazing, BEST OB ever. Thanks for everything you have done to me Dr Ryu, I will forever be indebted to you. Imen

February 1st, 2015
Dr. Ryu takes the time to call and explain things even after hours. Very nice practice in general. I would recommend him to anyone.

May 12th, 2014
He is a great doctor
He delivered my daughter two years ago. I recommended him to my friends as I felt he is a very nice and experience doctor, spending time with patient, and sophisticated in practice. He is also very gentle in doing various tests.

December 11th, 2013
Caring, competent, thoughtful and genuine
If I had to choose between a competent, technically outstanding physician or one with a great "bedside manner" I'd go for the one with the skill set. Luckily those fortunate to have Dr. Ryu as their GYN don't have to make that choice. His excellent technical skills seem matched by his equally strong people skills. He is simply outstanding. I'd make an appointment just to have the opportunity to sit and talk with him. But he also knows his stuff. Like many women these days, I have a complex family/genetic history about which I have to be vigilant, and about which I have to make various decisions--something that is naturally somewhat anxiety provoking. I have full confidence in Dr. Ryu, something that makes the genetic issues less of a source of anxiety and decision making much easier. Dr. Ryu appears well versed in the latest empirical findings, is thoughtful about how he translates that knowledge into practice-pitching his discussion at a level that conveys respect (rather than condescension) without a lot of jargon and he shows appreciation for the complexity of the issues for the patient. He is always calm (never rushed) and very genuine. He spends time with his patients, listens closely and never appears eager to rush off to his next patient in order to get as many patients in as possible. When it comes to medical care (and everything else) Syracuse isn't New York City, Boston, Rochester MN or Cleveland. Medical care can be hit or miss. Dr. Ryu is definitely a hit! I can not recall how I found him. I have seen a number of Gyn's in the Syracuse area. Some were barely OK while others were abrupt with poor interpersonal skills. My anxiety is sufficiently elevated that the prospect of an aversive appointment was enough to get me to put off regular exams. Given my family history, it was particularly important to find a gyn that I feel confident in and that I don't mind going to see. Dr. Ryu is just that practitioner. Dr. Ryu's office is also well run so that I haven't ever been kept waiting very long for an appointment once I arrived. When I've needed an appointment for a concern, I've been able to get one in a timely manner (usually the next day). Another thing that can have a big impact is how a medical office is run. Sometimes the physician is great but the office staff lacks people skills. That is not the case in this office. The staff appears personable, competent and responsive. I did not have my insurance card today and expected that the staff person would be 'put off" by that. That was not the case. My card apparently was on file and the staff member made me feel welcome none-the-less. Ahh, one more thing worth mentioning since it is striking,....Dr. Ryu is older than he looks-- something important to note because his youthful looks could be a source of concern-leading patients to think that he can't be very experienced. He is very experienced and apparently has found the fountain of youth. I feel fortunate to have found Dr. Ryu. I recommend him highly. It may also be helpful for me to mention that his office takes the Empire Plan (United Health Services) insurance, along with others.

May 11th, 2012
Gentle, compassionate, and professional!
Dr. Ryu was my daughter's obstetrician and delivered my beautiful grand daughter. I accompanied my daughter to several of appointments and found Dr. Ryu to be absolutely wonderful! My daughter experienced hyperemesis graviderum (extreme "morning sickness") early in her pregnancy and Dr. Ryu treated her when another physician would not because she was not yet 6 weeks pregnant. He was incredibly kind and caring towards my daughter while exhibiting a high level of professionalism and medical competence.

January 4th, 2012
Caring Doctor
I began seeing Dr. Ryu when I became pregnant, and he delivered my healthy, beautiful son. Dr. Ryu really cares about his patients, and always takes the time to listen to you if you have any questions or concerns. He is a wonderful doctor.

August 19th, 2011
Dr. Ryu is a FANTASTIC doctor. He performed a cystectomy for me in 2006 and while everyone (including ultrasounds) had said the cyst was on the right ovary, he remembered that I had told him my pain was on the left side and ultimately saved my right ovary. He made frequent calls to check up on my progress and I appreciate everything he did for me!