inactive

Phuong C Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

March 20th, 2013
Impatient and unprofessional
Dr. Christine Nguyen was very impatient, and only spent 15 minutes with my baby. According to the staff, a typical visit would last at least 1 hour. I didn't even get the chance to finish all the questions that I prepared. She merely told us to come back and check the baby's weight in a few months without asking us about the diet, sleeping, etc. about the baby. This was very unprofessional. I would NOT recommend her to anyone. By the way, when I called pediatric GI office, she was the only doctor that was available, and that's why I gave her a try. Now as I read the other negative reviews I wish that I had done my homework!

January 24th, 2012
Not ok to pressure patients to come in with fever
My son developed high fever over night and I tried to reschedule his appointment. I talked to the manager, she stated that there will be an automatic 100$ bill send out for canceling within 24 hour. She couldn't promise me to void the bill under the circumstances. So I will have to bring in my sick child to avoid the charges. What a terrible service. If you work with pediatric Patients you should anticipate sudden changes in your clients health. Very disappointing to pressure your patients to go see you when you have high fever. It's very "thoughtful" to give my son the opportunity to share his germs with everybody in the waiting room. Hopefully there will not be a lot of Patients with an immunodeficiency.

November 3rd, 2009
It was agreed that our young daughter needed a liver biopsy. Dr. Nguyen was dishonest with us in seeking consent to perform a lymph node biopsy of a lymph node deep in our daughter's chest at the same time as the liver biopsy. Both the surgeon and an oncologist at the same hospital said the lymph node procedure was too risky and recommended against it. Dr. Nguyen called us as we drive home and told us that the oncologist changed his mind and wanted the lymph node biopsy from the lymph node in the chest. Confused, we called the oncologist and his receptionist put him on the line immediately. He adamantly stated that he did NOT change his mind and did not recommend the procedure. Fortunately we did not consent and had the surgeon remove a lymph node near the liver, as he recommended. As it turned out, there were complications from the liver biopsy that would have made removal of the lymph node from the chest extremely dangerous, and it was never necessary for any medical purpose. We feel that Dr. Nguyen was misleading and it bothers us even to this day.