Dr. Maria Corazon Fernando MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

June 21st, 2016
I truly feel this Dr. Is heaven sent. I felt so comfortable telling her everything. She gives great advice without judgment. I'm so grateful I met her.

May 2nd, 2016
Secretary told me to "F" off in front of my child and was not fired. YES ... really! Constantly rearranging appointments. Habitually late. Pushes newer meds. from the slew of drug reps. coming in and out of office. You could hear entire patient conversations because the walls are so thin. Arrogant and belittling. Worst experience with any doctor ever.

March 27th, 2015
so far so good
I feel she really hit the nail on the head for me. Her secretary is a little abrasive and these reviews make me very cautious but so far my experience has been positive. I have only seen her once and have been with her therapist Melissa. I am feeling hopeful for the first time in my life and feel that she gave me the proper diagnosis and medication.

February 18th, 2015
She is straight forward and to the point. She seems harsh but reality she is just being honest.

October 14th, 2013
Although I do agree with her diagnosis, I do not agree with how she treats her patients. I was hospitalized once for suicidal thoughts and once several months later for overdose. When I saw her after leaving the hospital she told me if I was to be hospitalized again she was dropping me from her practice. My husband and I were dumbfounded. I felt like I was being threatened and felt more lost than I was before. I would never recommend her.

September 24th, 2013
doesnt deserve one star
This woman is so cold hearted. She is rude. She has no empathy. And it is obvious she onky wants her commission on meds. She is consantly using new and less tested medicine. I was on mine for a year. They did not help me and caused side effects. When i told her that she would raise the dose to try to treat mg symptoms or lower it because i threatened to go off of it because of side effects. Then she dropped my dose too quickly and i was withdrawaling. She didnt have the decency to call me back when i tried to reach her. Her stupid secretary called me back and told me to continue taking the dose. Okay?? Im nauseated, dizzy, fatigued, getting brain zaps, miserably depressed, etc. what am i supposed to do? Needless to say i canceled my dr appt with her and dealt with it my self. She over prescibed me medication so i have at least 25 bottles of medication that would last me long enough. And my family doctor is kind enough to follow through with my wishes and wean me off the meds. Dr fernando told me i was too severe. But she was completely wrong.

July 10th, 2012
DO NOT USE THIS QUACK!!!
Very rude & has no compassion for her patients. I missed an appt because my husbands 91 yr old grandmother became confused in the middle of the night (has early dementia) fell down our stairs in the middle of the nite. We spent that evening at the hospital with her. I, having been up all nite, failed to contact her office to cancel. Innocent enough right? Excusable right? NOPE! No, she was totally unsympathetic & cold & they say I owe for the missed appt. I'm not paying her a dime. She also took me off of my usual meds & put me on something I KNEW I was gonna have a hard time with because I had already tried it & had a horrible time on it. She wouldn't listen, she was snappy about it too when I told her after suffering for 6 wks on this med, she tells me to keep taking it. I just got out of a mental hospital tonite due to nearly becoming suicidal (I phoned her office the wk before & my call was not returned until the following wk. The message said they need money before they could schedule me. I'm going to find out how to launch a formal complaint to the med board. I was told by a nurse from my primary dr's office that the way I was treated was like refusing treatment & that goes against all the rules. PLEASE, do not use this dr, I would hate to see someone else already in a fragile state, become more depressed or worse, commit suicide.

June 28th, 2012
Terrible Doctor!!!
Does not care about patients. Terrible 'bedside manner'. Cold

March 29th, 2012
all about the money
This person appears interested only in giving out meds with no follow through or support. She is very difficult to reach and never returns calls. She irresponsibly gave out meds with no back-up for counceling and made mistakes on doses and there was a gap in refill time. Her staff is inaccessable as well as far as getting messages to the doc. I no longer trust this person at all because it feels as if it is only about making money on her end.