Dr. Carol Keene MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Roanoke, VA

• Good
  • Bad

October 21st, 2016
I only wish Dr Keene could be my family Dr too because she is an amazing Dr in every way!!
Over the last 2 years I have been having some serious health issues that no one can figure out. I have been in a great deal of pain all over and Dr Keene was so gentle and thoughtful each time that she checked me unlike some of the male Drs that shoved rods up my urethra with no warning or prepping and left me bleeding and in worse pain. This same Dr recommended surgery and Dr Keene didn't feel it was necessary or the correct diagnosis and she was right!! I underwent a surgery that I didn't need and came out worse than when I went in! Dr Keene not only listens but she HEARS me! Dr Keene addresses every issue that I have and prescribed the care that she felt was the best for each problem. I have had multiple OB/GYN Doctors and no one has been as gentle during the examination as she was. Unlike the male Drs who put in those clamps and cranked them as far open as they would go or until I yelled for them to stop! I never went back to him after that! I only wish that I could have found her years ago!! 💯😊

June 6th, 2016
She made me feel as though I were her most important patient. Love her!

January 9th, 2014
Completely Insensitive
This doctor snapped at me and rolled the eyes, because I was crying and distraught having to be in the hospital to deliver a lost pregnancy.

May 16th, 2011
No better Doctor
Dr. Keene was my OB/GYN for both of my children. She was excellent in her attention to detail and personalizing her care to me. She went above and beyond anything I have ever experienced with any Doctor. I was a very young mother with my first child and she never tried me like a child, unlike some of the Pediatricians in our area. I had 2 complicated pregnancies and received the best possible outcomes both times, two beautiful healthy babies. They are 15 and 10 years old now. If you are looking for the best OB/GYN in the Roanoke Valley, here she is. I only wish she was a General Practice Doctore now that baby days are over :)

June 23rd, 2010
She makes herself available for questions and concerns and has a great bedside manner. Very knowledgable and trustworthy.

May 29th, 2009
Patient
Watch your back with this doctor. She decided to remove me from the entire practice because I had a negative experience with Dr. Dianna Curtis (feel free to read the review). I spent months building a relationship with her and making sure it was fine to get pregnant. I had a good meeting with her at my 8 week pregnancy appointment and opened up to her (thinking I could trust her as my doctor) about my prior birth experience. The next day she scared me because she called and left me a message saying she needed to discuss my prenatal care more. I went to the office and she said she wanted to help me find another doctor because they could no longer serve me there. I did nothing wrong as a patient, in contrast, my experience with one of their doctors on staff was inexcusable and unprofessional. I never complained about what had happened and told my doctor in confidentiality only to be removed from the practice.

March 18th, 2016