Caetano Coimbra Is this you?

Have you seen Caetano Coimbra?

Posted on December 1st, 2016

Dr. Coimbra saved my life. I am alive and well because of his skills and knowledge. He takes the time to answer all of my questions. I can recommend him without reservation.

Posted on November 15th, 2016

Dr. Coimbra is very knowlegeable, professional, and attentive. Staff is exceptional

Posted on September 10th, 2016

He has done 2 surgeries on my cervical spine and I would have him do more, if necessary (1997 and 1999)

Posted on July 4th, 2016

My family and I cannot thank him enough for saving my sister's life. Not only is he a skillful and an excellent neurosurgeon but he has a golden heart and professional bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Coimbra. God bless you.

Posted on December 20th, 2015

I am very pleased with everything

Posted on November 19th, 2015

After researching several doctors in the DFW area I knew Dr. Coimbra was the best choice that I could make to remove my meningioma brain tumor. I believe that Dr. Coimbra was not only the best in his field, but also had a warm personalty that gave me a sense of calm during the stressful time of having to have surgery. I'm writing this three weeks after surgery and feel pretty good. My children say I look good too! I couldn't have been more pleased and am thankful to have found Dr. Coimbra. I'm recommending him to a friend of mine. I didn't find Dr. Coimbra to be arrogant, but confident which was what I was looking for in a doctor.

Thankful - he saved my vision!

Posted on May 11th, 2015

When I was diagnosed with a tumor in a very tricky location that was going to cause me to go blind sooner than later - I was in shock. Dr. Coimbra not only got me in immediately for a consult, he also explained my situation and need for surgery in a very straight forward manner. I appreciate his experience and willingness to take on more complicated cases. Within 3 weeks, I was in surgery. My chances to retain vision after surgery was not good. Dr. Coimbra's surgical technique, approach and commitment to me as his patient, was second to none. He visited me every day at the hospital, and partnered with me on the follow up visits and care. It has been almost 6 months. I can see. I am feeling more myself every day. I am so thankful for Dr. Coimbra and his team. They don't mess around and only the want the very best outcome from surgery.

Dr. Coimbra

Posted on February 16th, 2015

Dr. Coimbra was extremely good about explaining what was wrong in my case. He also gave me an option of doing surgery or multiple mri's as follow ups before we did surgery which I appreciated.

Arrogant - but rightfully so

Posted on March 19th, 2014

Dr. Coimbra dramatically improved my life. I had a Chiari Malformation that was causing my life to be miserable. Before speaking with Dr. Coimbra I had spoken to two other Dallas area neurosurgeons, and neither of them were as knowledgeable as Dr. Coimbra. He explained what was happening, why and how he could help. He practices a decompression surgery that involves completely removing the cerebellar tonsils in the hope that no future surgeries are required. His approach is not without controversy, but I trusted him. I was right to. I had surgery, and have recovered remarkably. I was out of the hospital in four days, and back at work in less than a month. Another chiari patient that I know personally had the more traditional decompression with laminectomy elsewhere, and her recovery was much slower. I credit my quick recovery to the skill of my surgeon. Before surgery I spent hours researching my condition, and the surgery. One of the factors in recovery time is the incision. How big it is, how straight it is, and how well it is put back together. I have the smallest incision of any I have seen, and it was stapled together flawlessly. Dr. Coimbra is absolutely arrogant, he believes that he is so good he doesn't need to arrive to appointments on time, nor should he have to repeat himself. He's a neurosurgeon. I don't need him to hold my hand and be a gentle soul, I needed him to have the skill to do the operation properly, which he absolutely did. He was also attentive after surgery to ensure my recovery was going well, and was genuinely happy at my follow up to see how far I had progressed. He's a good man, confident in his abilities, but he is not afraid to tell you how good he is.

I owe my life to Dr. Coimbra

Posted on October 15th, 2012

I literally owe my life to Dr. Coimbra. I had a very rare tumor in a very difficult part of my brain. Since my surgery, other experts for this type of tumor that were in charge of my radiation stated that Dr. Coimbra did THE BEST resection of this type of tumor that they had ever seen. Other surgeons typically take a different route to the tumor than the route Dr. Coimbra used. By doing so, other surgeons do not have enough "room" to remove all of the tumor. As a result, my recovery from my surgery was also very fast and complete. Dr. Coimbra put a lot of thought and consultation into the approach that he took to treating my brain tumor. I owe my life to him. How do you ever express full gratitude to a doctor as wonderful as he is. It is impossible to express in words.

Posted on September 20th, 2012

Dr. Coimbra is a highly experienced doctor. My surgeries have been very difficult but I have recovered quickly and no side effects.

Excellent-Caring Physician

Posted on September 15th, 2012

Dr. Coimbra did my brain surgery in 2008. No words can express how excellent he was. At all times, he was professional; and at the same time, he comforted my family and me. My care afterwards was excellent. In fact, on one of my follow-up visits, he took me to a room full of other doctors and showed me x-rays and CTs. He pointed out the before and after pictures noting that the brain tumor was totally gone. He told me to have a great life with my family, especially my grandchildren.