Dr. Caitlin Ahern MD Patient Reviews

2.5

July 7th, 2011
I saw her at the Harmony Urgent Care in Fort Collins. She was very personable, and listened to my concerns.

January 20th, 2011
Never Again
After 4 days of being bed ridden with an 102 temp, nausea, chest and sinus congestion. I went to Harmony Urgent Care. The secretary I talked with was a very polite woman, but the doctor was as rude as anyone I've ever dealt with in medicine. I was told that I should have taken a flu shot. I shouldn't eat greasy food or dairy. She told me that I have an immune problem and it sounds like I get sick to often(after I told her I haven't been to the doctor in two years). She never diagnosed me with anything specific either. She speculated that I have multiple infections possibly food poisoning, flu, upper respiratory infection or sinus infection. I am a 6' 190lb male athlete. My wife is a nutritionist and my sister is an RN. I take very good care of my body and during my visit I was continually asked the same questions. Are you active? Do you eat healthy? I honestly didn't think she was listening to my symptoms. To top it off I have had acute asthma my entire life and spent a few years going to an asthma clinic. Dr. Caitlin asked me why I don't use my albuterol when I am wheezing. I reiterated that I am short of breath not wheezing. She was adamant that I was wheezing and wrote me a prescription for an inhaler I told her I already had! Needless to say she never told me what was wrong and wrote me another prescription for a Z pack (go figure). This was my first doctor visit since I moved to Colorado 2 years ago. I hope my experience is not representative of the rest of the health care in town.