Caitlin F Goldsmith Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

November 15th, 2015
Traumatized
nonexistent bedside manner , egotistical, dishonest rough and insensitive

July 2nd, 2015
Would not go back
still traumatized from routine pap smear. terrible

May 28th, 2015
Amazing
She saved my life she is an amazing doctor. The best in NYC. She is thorough and careful and does not miss a beat. She is an amazing surgeon and when there is a big complication you need an amazing surgeon with a good hand. She is the best obgyn in Manhattan.

May 20th, 2015
Will never go back
Would have filed an assault charge against her. Awful behavior terrible bedside manner.

April 9th, 2015
She was a total witch with a capitol B! I absolutely hated her. She was rude and had ZERO bedside manner.

December 20th, 2014
Knowledgeable and Excellent Bedside Manner
I'm surprised see these negative reviews of Dr. Fiss. She has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen. A lot of doctors don't even seem to get the concept of bedside manner so she really stands out in my experience. I get the sense really cares...always takes time to speak you in her office after exams and calls you about the results of tests. I don't completely dread going to the gynecologist so I would say that is a major success on her part. In addition she is very knowledgeable and seems to keep up with the times better than other doctors. Recently i went to her for hair loss that i thought might be hormonal and she took me seriously (my other doctor just said it is a phase that will just stop....but it hasn't) and found that my hormones were out of whack and prescribed something to fix it. Granted I go to her for regular gyn stuff, not ob stuff, so I can't speak to any of that.

April 15th, 2014
Delivered all 3 of my babies. Excellent, caring and thorough. Would highly recommend.

February 2nd, 2013
Would not recommend.
IT has been several months after being seen by Dr goldsmith and I;m still traumatized from the abusive, extremely rough exam. I found her poorly trained, uncaring and insensitive. Don;t know how she got a patients choice award on this site - unless she gave it to herself.

November 26th, 2012
Dr. Fiss is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. She was a consummate professional, gentle and caring during the exam, and spent time afterwards in her office explaining my condition and answering all of my questions directly and compassionately. Each time I have been to see her I have also received follow up calls from her to check up on how i am feeling, etc. I highly recommend her and have referred her to many friends who also think that she is top notch!

March 1st, 2012
unprofessional
Would not recommend Dr. Fiss. Maybe it was an off day for her, or maybe I just wasn't one of her preferred patients, but she was unprofessional, pushed induction, did not like to be questioned, and lost her temper with us ahead of my child's birth.

March 1st, 2012
Would not recommend Dr. Fiss. Maybe it was an off day for her, or maybe I just wanted one of her preferred patients, but she was unprofessional, pushed induction, did not like to be questioned, and lost her temper with us ahead of my child's birth.

December 10th, 2011
Surprised - in a Bad Way
Dr. Fiss had come recommended to me by a doctor who I really respected. The same doctor has sent me to some very good doctors in the city. I was expecting Dr. Fiss to be outstanding. Instead, I found her to be extremely arrogant, condesending, and more interested in namedropping during our appointments than in treating me. I also found some of her comments to be ethically questionable. She is very much in favor of only delivering perfect babies. When my husband and I made clear that we didn't want to have a multitude of screening tests early in a healthy pregnancy --tests that seemed to have no medical merit-- she looked at me in surprise and said, "Don't you want to have a perfect baby?" She also said she liked working with parents who already had one baby - since, and this is a direct quote, "The stakes aren't as high" if something happens during the course of that subsequent pregnancy (The implication was that she wouldn't feel very badly if a baby was lost).I have no doubt that other doctors feel this way -- but these are feelings that should *not* be shared with a patient. It leaves one feeling as if life isn't valued. For these reasons -- as well as long wait times in the waiting room -- my husband and I sought treatment and care elsewhere and would recommend that others do the same. Dr. Fiss is likely a fine enough doctor (as mentioned, she had come recommended by a very good MD)-- but the lack of bedside manner and the condescending/arrogant air are not what most women need, especially in a city in which so many other doctors are available.