Overall Review

3.4

July 29th, 2016
I have never had an experience like this one with another medical professional. I called my primary care physician's office at 11:00 this morning to request a medication. They told me they would send to the pharmacy and never did. I called back couple of times and never got an answer, and then they were closed. Dr. Taffe was on call when I called at 4:30. She responded to my page and proceeded to fax the pharmacy the medication that I requested. Turns out it is not available in United States due to an FDA investigation. (I'm sorry, isn't it your job to know these things?) I then called again to talk to her about alternatives, and when she called back interrupted me immediately because she had told the pharmacist to tell me not to call her back. She said she "wasn't going to get into this" with me. She wouldn't let me speak and when I said "wow, you don't listen to your customers, do you?" she told me I was not a customer. It was easily the worst conversation I've ever had with a health care "professional." Steer clear. She's rude and incompetent.

June 9th, 2010
negative review on Dr. Taffe
Ive been seeing this person for some time now due to a chronic issue, but she has still not been able to diagnose the problem or refer me to the right specialist. In addition to her inability to diagnose the problem, she recently finally pushed me over the edge enough to prompt me to write this negative review. I dont want someone else to have to go through what I had to endure. It is not just her ineptitude, but a totally unbelievable, indecent act she committed that is compelling me to write this review. Beyond medical knowledge, I believe being compassionate to patients is an important quality of a good doctor. Well, compassion and empathy are qualities sorely lacking in this person. When I arrived for my appointment, on time, with severe back pain, I was told it would be about 10 minutes before I would be seen. After waiting for almost a full hour, I simply asked for an update on when I might be seen because the time to pick-up our son from school was quickly approaching. When she found out I was asking for an update on about when I might be seen, instead of taking an apologetic or at least conciliatory tone, she started yelling at me, rolling her eyes and insulting me for being impatient. It was almost surreal. I was completely incredulous. After about a five minute diatribe, she spent maybe a minute and a half writing a prescription for a drug I researched myself and brought to her attention in the first place. I left as quickly as I could because I was getting tired of getting yelled at and the injustice of it all. Its not in my nature to be confrontational. It was a completely unbelievable situation. How could she be so insensitive, self-centered, uncaring, and unprofessional? Needless to say, I will search for a new primary care physician now.

March 26th, 2010