Dr. Calvin Chiang MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

no change

October 14th, 2016
review
The clinic staff are awesome and on the mark, the only issue was wait times for injections was excruciating for someone in pain. Dr Chang has been wonderful fitting my dad in to help and the staff are so compassionate!

September 20th, 2016
Worst pain mgmt. Dr. I've ever had.
I've had about a 6 pain management Drs. around the country in the past 20 years. Dr. Chiang is definitely the worst I've had. He treats patients like their opinion is meaningless. Patient input has no bearing whatsoever. You might as well not exist, because he really doesn't care about your input. He may very well be an android, because I've seen no indication that he's a human being. Do yourself a big favor and find a pain management Dr. with a pulse, and one that really cares about your pain management case. He ain't the guy.

April 18th, 2015
This man has no compassion and he must not ever have been in pain himself.

December 22nd, 2014
Dr. Calvin Chan
I found Dr. Calvin Chan to be rude, crude, and negative. He was not a very understanding or compassionate person. After my second surgery in 2009, I attended the Pain Clinic for severe back pain (I have had 2 fusions - Dr. G. Whitbeck). I never drove myself to my appointments because driving increases my back pain, and I was concerned about my ability to drive from Sodus to Rochester on so much medication. So when my niece was steeling my medication and replacing them with OTC drugs that looked similar. I tested negative for drugs in my system. However, Dr. Chan never informed me about my urine testing negative to Opiates; if he had I might have realized my niece was taking my drugs. However, when I broke my arm my orthopedic doctor, Michael Coulucci gave me pain medication. Dr. Chan used that against me and refused to treat me. I was being held to a paper I had signed over a year prior. I did not remember signing it or reading it, this type of medication can affect anyone’s ability to function (I was told not to sign any important documents without letting my lawyer read them first, an option I was not given). Dr. Chan humiliated me and berated me for over 1 hour, after he had made me wait over 15 minutes in the waiting room and another 30 minutes in the exam room. He never asked my permission to have a male associate in the room with us. It seemed like he enjoyed upsetting me. I left in tears and never returned. It has taken me about 2 years to write this and I continue to be in excruciating pain.

May 19th, 2013
I had been seeing a dr at this practice for 7 years until he was suddenly replaced by dr Chiang. I told him about my pain history but he showed no interest in anything I had to say about my long battle with pain. His suggestions were bordering on the offensive side to me but he clearly didn't care. If you are looking for help with a chronic pain, stay away from this doctor or you can end up the same or worse.

February 13th, 2011
Dr HACK is more like it!
Dr. Chiang replaced my original doctor. My first impression should have told me something. However, I ignored that voice and continued to see him. (As incredibly stupid as I was!) I saw Dr. Chiang for several weeks while trying to pinpoint the offending nerves in my lower back. When it was time for the 1st actual procedure he agreed to medicate. (I had asked because yrs prior I had this procedure and remembered how badly the procedure hurt.)That appointment went fine little to no pain at all during or after. It went great by all accounts. The second procedure he refused to medicate. Half way through I was in so much pain I was shaking, my blood pressure sky rocketed and I was unable to communicate. Post procedure in recovery my blood pressure wouldn't return to normal. The nurse came in to check vitals. I could barely talk I was in so much pain. When questioned about meds and the use of an old machine. She said, "I guess that makes you our guinnea pig. Now we have supporting evidence to needing the new machine." During my follow up Dr Chiang refused to acknowledge that not medicating me and using an outdated piece of machinary during the appointment was to blame for the amount of pain I was in. Citing that they generally don't medicate during these procedures. However, explain to me WHY they did the week before. At that question he stammered and left the room. Sending in his nurse to apologize for her comment. He returned later with new meds and sent me on my way. Dr. Chiang needs a few more years practice before "treating" anyones pain!