Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Decent surgeon...so so human being. show details Decent surgeon...so so human being.
by Sandra Kelley on May 3rd, 2016

I had a total right shoulder replacement six weeks ago. After having only met Dr Dyer one time prior to surgery, I relied on credentials for my basis of having him perform the replacement. As a surgeon, I feel he did no better or worse than any other orthopedic surgeon. As a human being I found him to be rude, assuming and arrogant. The fact that I am overweight seemed to be something he needed to enlighten me about. While I understand a doctor may feel they have an obligation to coach a person regarding a healthy life style, Dr. Dyer seem to think he would do better by humiliating and belittling me in front of the nursing staff just moments prior to surgery. His exact words were, "You just need to push back from the table." As I said, having only met me once prior to this day, he had no idea what I had been though in my life that may have brought me to where I am. He may be a good surgeon but he has a lot to learn about being a good man.

BEWARE show details BEWARE
Jan 22nd, 2016

very unprofessional, unable to disgnose medical problem

May 11th, 2015

Could not have been better because of his great diagnostic capabilities

Mar 3rd, 2014

Ms. Jenkins' approach to patients is unsettling.

2012 Knee Replacement show details 2012 Knee Replacement
by Patrick Crowe on Mar 1st, 2013

Great bedside manner. Honest (ugh) and straightforward. Follow up was perfect. Hated every minute of this post surgery, wanted to constantly question his guidance but 8 weeks later, he was right the whole time. Good guy. Spends alot of time during appointment to answer questions.

dyer is awesom show details dyer is awesom
Jan 13th, 2012

have been seeing him for 7 years now an he IS THE ONLY dr i trust

Caring Dr. with an easy going personality. show details Caring Dr. with an easy going personality.
by Debs on Nov 26th, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Dyer for over 12 years. When I needed someone to stand up against management, he did. I've had total knee and a total hip replacement performed by Dr. Dyer. He and his staff have always provided excellent care using the most updated procedures. I have recommended him to people and would continue to do so.

Did not listen to the patient show details Did not listen to the patient
by Interpreter on Mar 20th, 2009

I have AVN, but Dr. Dyer was not the one who found this illness. I was introduced to him by my home doctor since I've had some issues with my leg and the back. I've asked Dr. Dyer for MRI, but instead he decided to give me an injection on my hip. He told me that this should take care of the issue. It didn't work. 2 wks later, I went back to him and told him it didn't work. I told him to give me MRI, he was reluctant, but I somehow persuaded him to get me the MRI. MRI was scheduled same day about 3 hrs later at the same facility. I've had my 5 yrs old son with me. Right before I was about to receive MRI (after waiting for 3 hrs. at the hospital) I was told from the hospital employee that they won't be able to perform MRI since I've had my son with me. Also, When I went back for the 2nd appointment to Dr. Dyer, he stated that he had never seen my x-ray. Of course, I've carried my x-ray to my initial appointment with him and he even complemented on my x-ray picture. I received MRI via my home doctor and I was diagnosed with AVN. Now I am in the process of finding a true doctor who can give me a treatment. I can not recommend this doctor. I was able to get an appointment with him so easy, no wondered why he was so unpopular doctor.