A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Calvin Mein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Calvin Mein is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Calvin Mein, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Mein graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mein has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hosp Nw
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mein accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 15 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Calvin E. Mein practice?
Dr. Calvin Mein practices Ophthalmology near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Ophthalmologists.