A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Calvin Newton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Calvin Newton, FACC, MD is board certified in Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Newton graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Newton has 17 hospital affiliations:
- BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center
- St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Calvin M. Newton practice?
Dr. Calvin Newton practices Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology near Richmond, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Mechanicsville, VA and North Chesterfield, VA.
See Richmond Cardiologists.