A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Calvin Newton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Calvin Newton, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Newton graduated from Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.
Dr. Newton has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
- St. Mary's Hospital of Richmond
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Calvin M. Newton practice?
Dr. Calvin Newton practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Anesthesiology, and Pediatric Anesthesiology near Mechanicsville, VA.
Additional practice locations include: North Chesterfield, VA and Midlothian, VA.
See Mechanicsville Internists, Mechanicsville Cardiologists, and Mechanicsville Anesthesiologists.