Dr. Calvin Oishi MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

September 15th, 2016
Would not recommend to anyone. Poor bedside manners. Does not explain what is going on. He does not seem to care about his patients.

August 8th, 2016
GREAT DOC
DOC DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE BEDSIDE MANNERS OR SPEND LOTS TIME WITH ME. HIS DIAGNOSIS IS ACCURATE AND HIS PRESICION FOR MY SURGERIES HAVE RESULTED IN 100% EXCELLENT RESULTS.

April 5th, 2016
I need to go for a follow up, but been putting it off. He might be a great Doctor but we'll never find out since he's such a jerk
over booked, absolutely No bedside manner. Never explained anything, I was not "allowed" to ask questions

December 29th, 2015
will not go back to this doctor, maybe he's so popular and he feels he can say and do whatever to his patients. don't trust him.

August 27th, 2015
If I Knew Then......
I didn't know where to begin. What should I ask regarding knee surgery? What is the procedure? How do I prepare? What are the risks? What should I be aware of even if I don't ask the questions? Suggestion would be to have some BASIC answers for a first-time patient available. Dr. Oishi came across as very confident and capable so I guess I should not need to worry about his knowledge or his skill. Although other people may think he is abrupt, I think I was unprepared with my few and non-questions so there was nothing else to respond to as far as Dr. Oishi was concerned and that was the end of the office visit. Surgery would be done at Kuakini Hospital It would be done in one hour I just didn't know what else to ask re knee surgery. What was the recovery time. Where to go for rehab How long would rehab take As far as follow-up after visit -- so far..........???

July 17th, 2015
This doctor knows what he is doing and takes pride in his work.

March 27th, 2015
Man of few words, but what he has to say is more than enough. Straight to the point.

September 20th, 2012
caring doctor
I had bursitis but thought my hip had a stress fracture and could not walk . This was my first visit to Dr. Oishi and was so surprised at the professionalism of the office staff. After seeing Dr. Oishi, I realize the office is a reflection of his professionalism and expectations. my extremely painful bursitis was quickly solved by 2 pills of a powerful anti inflammatory medication. Everyone said he is the best and he is all that you expect!

After waiting so long, a measly 5 minutes of time is dissatisfying
We entered the waiting room and for once it was fairly empty. To our surprise, even though it looked like we were next in line, people on crutches or limping just headed straight into an examining room ahead of us. And while we were waiting, people put in a room after s next door were seen first. We ended up waiting 45 minutes and of course we were seen less than 5 minutes.

After waiting so long, a measly 5 minutes of time is dissatisfying

August 22nd, 2012
If I had a choice, I'd go elsewhere.
Most memorable is his lack of compassion for the patient. My mother fractured her shoulder and at 83 yrs old, you would expect they would take a while to heal. He was not very understanding when I asked for something for her pain. He practically yelled at her that after 3 wks, she should not have pain. He said she must be causing it herself. After 4 months she is still in pain but doesn't dare tell him in case he yells at her again. She sometimes can't sleep because of the pain.

March 18th, 2012