Dr. Calvin Ridgeway MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 21st, 2016
Courier
This guy is a quack wanted to do surgery right away. I got a second opinion it's an artery from reconstruction with a stent in it that's the bump I'm feeling I would have bled out and lost my boobs.

January 27th, 2016
breast care center at lovelace makes you feel cared for when you need it most

January 15th, 2015
Professional and Compassionate
Dr Ridgeway performed my lumpectomy. I found him very professional as well as compassionate. He took his time answering my questions and I felt well informed about my surgery.

November 7th, 2011
Super Doc
Dr Ridgeway is a fine doctor and a very caring individual. He takes the time to carefully diagnose the problem and explains any surgery that may be necessary.He saved my wife's life and I would trusthim with any surgical procedure.

May 18th, 2011
Very Good Physician
This doctor removed my problematic gallbladder a couple of years ago and didan outstanding job(I'm still alive). He is very easy to talk to and fully explains the procedure. I would trust himwith any surgery I needed.

January 16th, 2011
Dr. Ridgeway is a gentlemanly, quiet, and extremely professional physician. He really listens. I never felt rushed through an appointment. He spends time with the patient and with the family, explaining, answering questions, and reassuring. Could not ask for better care.

September 3rd, 2010
Screwed
Let me begin by saying that I have not rated this doctor elsewhere, nor have I read any other review sites. So I'm not "the same disgruntled patient" another reviewer mentioned. My experience with this doctor was terrible. He was arrogant and dismissed my concerns, and yelled at me when I asked questions about my diagnosis. When the surgical incision became infected, he repeated told me there was nothing wrong, although it was red and oozing. I wound up in the ER one night, required another surgery (done by another surgeon) to clean out the infection, and was hospitalized for a week because this man ignored the symptoms of infection for almost two months.The real insult came while I was hospitalized and I had told everyone that I did not want this fool looking after me anymore. Nonetheless, he showed up in my room one morning while several other doctors were looking at the fresh incision. He walked in, said, "Um, okay", and walked out. Less than 30 seconds in my room, against my permission, and yet his office staff billed me for a hospital visit.He came highly recommended to me, but after my personal experience with him, I'd have my dog's veterinarian operate on me before I'd let this guy touch me or anyone I care about.

October 11th, 2009
Patient
One of the nicest and most talented surgeons anyone could see. He has a calm and gentle demeanor and focuses on the patient and their individual needs. What a wonderful man he is!

January 31st, 2009
Gallbladder surgery
Dr Ridgeway is an excellent surgeon. He is highly respected by his patients and peers. Dr Ridgeway has a calm and professional manner thatis welcomed by patients facing surgery. Hospital personnel (Doctors, nurses and technicians) all have a very high regard for this physician.

May 24th, 2008
Excellent Surgeon
Dr. Ridgeway is kind, caring, professional, and saved my life with an emergency acalculus gangrenous cholesystectomy within 12 hours of being diagnosed. He saved my life and checked on me often during my 8 day hospital stay. He was able to perform laparoscopic surgery rather than open and the scars are barely visible. I am very grateful to Dr. Ridgeway and am shocked to see that a patient (probably the same disgruntled patient) has given him negative ratings on several sights.