inactive

Dr. Calvin Simmons II MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Lewisville, TX

January 26th, 2016
Dr. Simmons is a straight talking physician. He spends time with patients. He loves being a doctor and it shows.

November 19th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor - Fantastic Practice
have been a patient of Dr. Simmons for over 20 years. He is by far one of the most competent and knowledgeable medical professionals whom I have ever met. He explains everything on a level patients can understand and is the quintessential family doctor. A welcome change from the major hospital centers that spend 45 seconds with a patient and hope to get it right.

April 1st, 2015
Great Doctor ! Have been seeing him for over 30 years and fully trust his professional opinion.

February 10th, 2015
Wonderful doctor
I've been very happy with Dr. Simmons. It's become a rarity to find a doctor that looks you in the eye and is straight up, honest with you. Most doctors these days seem to be more concerned with getting patients in and out quickly, more concerned with the bottom line and intimidated by the insurance companies, etc. , ad nauseum...not Dr. Simmons. He takes his time, listens to you and is old enough to have the knowledge and experience, yet young enough to be on top of what's going on in the the industry - medically and politically. I agree with one of the other reviewers, I hope he never retires.

February 3rd, 2015
Dr. Simmons is GREAT!
Dr. Simmons doesn't just rush in-rush out during his exams. He takes the time to see how you're really doing! I have been his patient for almost 30 years; I hope he NEVER RETIRES!

December 29th, 2014
Doc Simmons
This is the most knowledgable "traditional" (not naturopathic) doctor that I have ever known, by far. He also keeps up with the ever-changing technologies and medical procedures and diagnoses.

December 27th, 2013
Disappointment
Worst experience ever with a doctor. I am 24 years old so I only need to go in once a year for my yearly physical. ( I want to also note that is all my insurance covers, any additional visit are out of pocket until I reach my deductible). First off he was very rude and talk down to me during my exam. Next, I find out three month later that Dr. Simmons only filled my prescriptions for 3 months out. Apparently according to his Nurse Anne, " dr. Simmons has a policy that patient have to come back in for refills". on Basic drugs like metphormin ( for diabetes and birth control). He also prescribes Ambien only 3 month out. this is a stronger controls substance but there is no law saying he can only prescribe 3 months at a time. HIs staff is unprofessional and I recommend that patients find a another doctor. This guy is just trying to make money and doesn't really care about solving health issues.

September 4th, 2012
First Class
I've used Dr. Simmons for about 20-25 years now. Charming, sense of humor, never rushes me out of the office, follows up and most important, always the correct diagnosis. He once told me I had an allergy, for which I didn't believe, but his cure worked and I was again fixed by a pro. Always a follow up. I introduced my daughter to him, and he walked in and within 2 minutes, figured out the problem. She loved her experience and is now his patient.

August 13th, 2012
Smart, efficient, praticle, caring, will call you at home if necessary.

July 3rd, 2012
I like Dr. Simmons he is very professional and knows his profession well....

March 13th, 2012
Wonderful Dr. with excellent bedside manner and exceptional staff.

January 12th, 2012
Awesome
I like my doctors to get straight to the point and be direct. He doesnt cut corners and makes sure you understand. Hes wonderful.