Dr. Cameron Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Loma Linda, CA

2.5

January 6th, 2016
I would rather go to a veterinarian for my depression than have another appointment with this joke of a psychiatric physician.

April 18th, 2014
horrible
The worst pshychiatrist I have EVER seen in my life. I would give zero stars if at all possible. The worst doctor I have ever dealt with in ANY medical profession for that matter. Did not listen when I told him that I had allergic reactions and severe side effects to certain meds and wanted to put me on the same meds that caused major health problems. He said that if I did not take the medication I could not do the outpatient program. Spent no more than 3 minutes with me. Very arrogant. Told me that I was drunk ( I have been sober for 19 years). Rude, arrogant, terrible bedside manner. Overmedicates his patients. Horrible Horrible situation!!! Left his program after 2 days. Was told the program goal was to be medication free and work on depression through cognitive behavioral therapy! What a joke! Should not be working in psychiatric care at all!

March 24th, 2014
Patient review
He is a very kind and careful doctor, tries to make me laugh all the time (which is helpful because I'm quite sick). Quick to note when I'm in crisis and is always there to help.

July 18th, 2013
inpatient
He is very arrogant and nurses called him the 30 second doctor because that is all the time he spends with each patient. He just keeps increasing dosages and does not take time to find out if this really needs to be done. Does not show any interest in patient and does not attempt to get at the root of the problem. He makes a lot of assumptions and generalizations and is not really concerned about the patient at all. He needs more training as his careless and haphazard approach in treating patients can actually make their situation worse for having had him for a doctor. He really needs to leave the profession.

August 3rd, 2011
I've been seeing Dr. Johnson for about 8 years. He was the first doctor who gave me a proper diagnoses for my mental health issues, and found a combination of drugs to control it. He has also treated me when I was an in-patient at the BMC. He really is a great doctor, and I will continue to see him as long as he sees patients in an out-patient setting.

April 5th, 2010
Dr. Johnson was my psychiatrist while I was inpatient. Prior to seeing him I was on high doses of 4 different meds but he wanted me to stop them cold turkey and begin 3 new meds immediately. I felt uncomfortable with his decision bc we met for a total of 3 minutes and he didnt bother weaning me off of my meds! When I was reluctant to follow his suggestion he placed me on a 5150 hold. every other patient in my outpatient partial program hates him as well for similar reasons and many bc he tends to over medicate.