Dr. Cameron King MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 17 reviews

July 28th, 2016
This Dr is worthless. The only thing he cares about is money. Don't schedule with him.

February 10th, 2016
Dr. King was thorough and professional. He gave me great explanations, and I was very happy with my visit.

November 10th, 2015
If You're Looking for a NP, This is Your Guy
My first impression of the place was below expectations. The front desk is so busy they had 4-5 young girls that looked like they could hardly manage. Though the young lady that did the initial interview/vitals process was very polite, I never actually knew who she was since she didn't introduce herself--I don't even know if she was a CNA, LPN, or RN. I wanted to make an appointment with Dr. King but I had to wait 5 weeks just for an annual physical (now called a "Wellness Exam"), so I was forced to see one of the numerous Nurse Practitioners they have on staff--they're all nice--but I got the impression it's more his name on the building, but the girls are doing all the leg-work.That's not saying too much either as I had to get pricked with a needle 3 times just for basic lab work. To sum, if you're looking for a NP or PA, this is the place to go; however, if you're in need of a new PCP, keep looking.

November 3rd, 2015
I have never ever had to ask for my co-pay back- but in this case I did.

December 30th, 2013
Great Doctor
I don't understand all the negative reviews. Both my wife and I have been seeing Dr King for the past three years and are very satisfied with him. He is attentive and we have never felt rushed during any appointment, in fact he typically asks multiple times if there is anything else. We also appreciate that he is not a pill pusher and uses perscriptions only when necessary. Yes he taps on his iPad but that is a good thing since it means he is recording the appointment details and can refer to notes instead of relying on memory only.

June 22nd, 2013
very bad
I went to Dr. King for about a year , I got sick and lost over 70 pounds in 7 months (or less). My sister did not know and was afraid I was dying so went with me to an appointment. I was sent, after I saw him, when this started happening (the pain was incredible) he sent me to a "pain doctor" I said I need to know what is wrong. He said they will figure it out.My sister came with me to an appt. because she thought I was dying ( and so did I) he did not even notice and does his IPad (never looks at you during an appt. just keeps hitting buttons) had to keep going back to realize I lost all that weight. Did not care!! Really people does not care about a patient, guess he is ok as long as you are not sick. Thin ks he is eye candy and probably is with non-sick people. You will take your life if you hands with this loser.

August 23rd, 2012
Very bad doctor
This man, I cannot even bring myself to call him a doctor, cares nothing/nothing about a patient. I got 2 basic scripts from him and then when i had something very very bad wrong, went to him and got a blood test and chest xray???? He then said he had so idea and sent me to a pain management doctor who charged 2000 a month for pain pills when I wanted to know what was wrong. I had lost 70+ pounds in 6 months and he did not even notice or care. If you are looking for a real DOCTOR not go to this man. All he does while you are with him is hit an ipad with his pen and never even looks at you. I was in agaony along with the weight loss for a year and a half..Know what it was? Gall bladder, gosh, never heard of that huh doc? If you do not care about your health and could care less if anyone looked at you during your appointment, this is your guy. He really should not be allowed to practice medicine (oh wait, he doesn't). I am now going to the AMA website and giving my information there. This is a very very bad man.

August 7th, 2012
Waste of Money
I have seen this provider twice for different issues. I was hoping the first horrible visit with him was a fluke, but it was not. He does not do a thorough assessment. He has a horrible bedside manner and would rather stare at his tablet than answer your questions. Even if you ask a simple question, he will not give you a direct answer. This is the only doctor I've seen in my life where I wanted my $35 co-pay refunded. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

July 25th, 2012
Don't waste your time or money
This practice overall is great! Except for Dr.King. He is rude, condescending, and is the only doctor I've met where I wanted my co-pay refunded. I've seen him twice for different complaints and his answer was the same for both: Wait for it to go away. Poor assessment skills, poor bedside manner. I was hoping the first visit was just a fluke or he was having a bad day but second visit with him was even more irritating and he doesn't seem to know the difference between a CT and MRI. He also gets very irritated when you ask questions and doesn't provide a straight answer. Horrible experience.

April 11th, 2012
Knowledgeable, professional, and caring.
I have had one visit with Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine. The staff was courteous, accommodating, and helpful. I saw Dr. King for an annual wellness exam.Dr. King was knowledgeable, professional, and caring. He asked questions about my health and life style then he let me ask questions. He spent plenty of time making sure I understood the answers he gave. While physical exams can be embarrassing, he made me feel at ease.It is obvious, to look at me, that I need to lose weight. Dr. King did not try to make me feel bad about my weight, but he did not ignore it either. He was very encouraging in his approach to motivate me to a healthier lifestyle.Dr. King and his staff respected my privacy and dignity at all times.I had blood drawn, a TB test (for an organization I work with) and I had a vaccination shot. In all cases, I did not feel the needle. The staff is excellent.I highly recommend Dr. King and his staff.

March 13th, 2012
Don't go to this doctor or office
I had an appointment for a routine physical last year. I arrived on time and paid my $30 copay and proceeded to the appt when I was called back. During this visit, everything was fine. He asked how I was doing in my efforts to quit smoking, I said not too good and he wrote me a prescription for Chantix. My insurance didn't cover it the year before so I thought that maybe they did this year. Well a couple weeks went by, and I received a bill from Dr. King's office for $30. I knew I had paid so I called my insurance to double check before I called the office. My insurance stated that I was billed twice. Once for my physical and another one for a "sick" appointment. I was confused, so called the office and they looked at my file and told me that since we discussed my smoking, that it had to be billed again. WHAT????? Are you kidding me??? I know that I only made one appointment do discuss my health, and since wanting to quit smoking is part of my overall health, I don't see why I had to pay for another appointment. This is crazy and it's like they are scamming the insurance companies for more money. That is really sad. Anyways, I refused to pay for another copay as I had only made one appointment. They dropped it eventually.

August 22nd, 2011
Rude and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Terrible bed side manners. Tacky sense of humor at patients expense.