Family Physicians

345 Cypress Creek Rd
Ste 104
Cedar Park, TX 78613
512-336-2777
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
by L on Dec 30th, 2013

I don't understand all the negative reviews. Both my wife and I have been seeing Dr King for the past three years and are very satisfied with him. He is attentive and we have never felt rushed during any appointment, in fact he typically asks multiple times if there is anything else. We also appreciate that he is not a pill pusher and uses perscriptions only when necessary. Yes he taps on his iPad but that is a good thing since it means he is recording the appointment details and can refer to notes instead of relying on memory only.

|  very bad  |  show details
by Dr. Cameron T. King on Jun 22nd, 2013

I went to Dr. King for about a year , I got sick and lost over 70 pounds in 7 months (or less). My sister did not know and was afraid I was dying so went with me to an appointment. I was sent, after I saw him, when this started happening (the pain was incredible) he sent me to a "pain doctor" I said I need to know what is wrong. He said they will figure it out.My sister came with me to an appt. because she thought I was dying ( and so did I) he did not even notice and does his IPad (never looks at you during an appt. just keeps hitting buttons) had to keep going back to realize I lost all that weight. Did not care!! Really people does not care about a patient, guess he is ok as long as you are not sick. Thin ks he is eye candy and probably is with non-sick people. You will take your life if you hands with this loser.

|  Very bad doctor  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

This man, I cannot even bring myself to call him a doctor, cares nothing/nothing about a patient. I got 2 basic scripts from him and then when i had something very very bad wrong, went to him and got a blood test and chest xray???? He then said he had so idea and sent me to a pain management doctor who charged 2000 a month for pain pills when I wanted to know what was wrong. I had lost 70 pounds in 6 months and he did not even notice or care. If you are looking for a real DOCTOR not go to this man. All he does while you are with him is hit an ipad with his pen and never even looks at you. I was in agaony along with the weight loss for a year and a half..Know what it was? Gall bladder, gosh, never heard of that huh doc? If you do not care about your health and could care less if anyone looked at you during your appointment, this is your guy. He really should not be allowed to practice medicine (oh wait, he doesn't). I am now going to the AMA website and giving my information there. This is a very very bad man.

|  Waste of Money  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2012

I have seen this provider twice for different issues. I was hoping the first horrible visit with him was a fluke, but it was not. He does not do a thorough assessment. He has a horrible bedside manner and would rather stare at his tablet than answer your questions. Even if you ask a simple question, he will not give you a direct answer. This is the only doctor I've seen in my life where I wanted my $35 co-pay refunded. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

|  Don't waste your time or money  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

This practice overall is great! Except for Dr.King. He is rude, condescending, and is the only doctor I've met where I wanted my co-pay refunded. I've seen him twice for different complaints and his answer was the same for both: Wait for it to go away. Poor assessment skills, poor bedside manner. I was hoping the first visit was just a fluke or he was having a bad day but second visit with him was even more irritating and he doesn't seem to know the difference between a CT and MRI. He also gets very irritated when you ask questions and doesn't provide a straight answer. Horrible experience.

|  Knowledgeable, professional, and caring.  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

I have had one visit with Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine. The staff was courteous, accommodating, and helpful. I saw Dr. King for an annual wellness exam.Dr. King was knowledgeable, professional, and caring. He asked questions about my health and life style then he let me ask questions. He spent plenty of time making sure I understood the answers he gave. While physical exams can be embarrassing, he made me feel at ease.It is obvious, to look at me, that I need to lose weight. Dr. King did not try to make me feel bad about my weight, but he did not ignore it either. He was very encouraging in his approach to motivate me to a healthier lifestyle.Dr. King and his staff respected my privacy and dignity at all times.I had blood drawn, a TB test (for an organization I work with) and I had a vaccination shot. In all cases, I did not feel the needle. The staff is excellent.I highly recommend Dr. King and his staff.

|  Don't go to this doctor or office  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

I had an appointment for a routine physical last year. I arrived on time and paid my $30 copay and proceeded to the appt when I was called back. During this visit, everything was fine. He asked how I was doing in my efforts to quit smoking, I said not too good and he wrote me a prescription for Chantix. My insurance didn't cover it the year before so I thought that maybe they did this year. Well a couple weeks went by, and I received a bill from Dr. King's office for $30. I knew I had paid so I called my insurance to double check before I called the office. My insurance stated that I was billed twice. Once for my physical and another one for a "sick" appointment. I was confused, so called the office and they looked at my file and told me that since we discussed my smoking, that it had to be billed again. WHAT????? Are you kidding me??? I know that I only made one appointment do discuss my health, and since wanting to quit smoking is part of my overall health, I don't see why I had to pay for another appointment. This is crazy and it's like they are scamming the insurance companies for more money. That is really sad. Anyways, I refused to pay for another copay as I had only made one appointment. They dropped it eventually.

Aug 22nd, 2011

Rude and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. Terrible bed side manners. Tacky sense of humor at patients expense.

|  Jerk  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

was in there only 3 min for him to tell me to take over the counter meds. No bed side manners and does not listen to your problems

May 16th, 2011

Dr. King is very ngood at explaining you condition and is willing to listen to questions from family members without making anyone feel foolish. He takes all concerns seriously and spend as much time as is needed with his patients. I would recommend him to everyone who is looking for a doctor with old fashioned values.

|  Very bad  |  show details
by Gail Thompson on Mar 15th, 2011

I have lost over 50 pounds and am in pain. It did not matter to this man. He did nothing. I now have a 300 dollar bill that my insurance will not pay when i went in for 2 scripts (thyroid and choleserol) that my insurance will not pay and I have no idea why these blood test were done.He is a very very bad doctor. I do not recommend that anyone go to him. I believe he is "eye candy" for the mothers in the office. He never looks at you and did not know that I had lost over 50 punds in a matter of months. And I will say, did not care. I was tole to go to a "pain doctor" and thought nothing of being dropped without any tests. His only test was a blood test and chest exray. Really incredible to me since I knew he was not a genius but thought he was at least a decent doctor. He also does not care if you are in pain...anything...very very bad man. Cannot say doctor since I cannot in all honesy call him that.

|  HORRIBLE!  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

I will never go back to this incompetent doctor!I was told that my chronic Whooping Cough was "allergies" and I should take "antihistamines". I went in to Dr. King with 102 fever...I NEVER run a fever. I finally went to Avery Ranch Urgent Care (which I would recommend) and found out it was whooping cough. Had Dr. King tested for that at the time I came in - I could have treated it instead of ruining my entire summer (I had the cough for 3 months...) Needless to say please do not take yourself MUCH LESS your CHILD to this "doctor"!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2009

I have had wonderful experiences dealing with Dr. King. He is courteous and responsive and takes your concerns seriously. Having dealt with some "bad" doctors in the past Dr. King has helped to restore my faith in the profession. Our son goes to Dr. McConnell who shares the office and has had a wonderful experience as well.

by Marilyn H on Jan 26th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I have been to Dr King and I find him very friendly and professional. He doesn't seem rushed and spends time finding out what your concern is. I also find it refreshing that he is not pushy about taking drugs. So many doctors today seem to think that everything needs a drug. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sep 28th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. King treated me as if I was a dollar, not a patient. I came in for an initial visit, as I need a new family physician after mine retired. When I asked for a refill on a prescription I take daily, his response was "I don't have you down for new prescri

Sep 11th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr Cameron King is awsome. He's knowledgable, thorough and concerned about my overall health. I like the fact that he doesn't assume what's going on with you. He asks questions and listens to the answers. I'd recommend him to all my friends and family. Ch

Sep 26th, 2006 on yahoo.com

ok: He gives you no time and sometimes seems irritated about your problems and questions.Only good thing is that he does answer urgent calls at night time.