Dermatologists
901 Stewart Ave
Ste 240
Garden City, NY 11530
516-512-7615
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
 |  Pleasant Experience  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2014

I found Dr. Rokhsar's name online, needing to take a family member to a dermatolgist. The entire experience was pleasant, beginning with the courteous staff member, Katie, who worked with me on an afternoon appointment. Dr. Rokhsar was polite, diagnosed the particular issue accurately, and I was impressed with his credentials and the wide range of medical and cosmetic procedures offered here.

by Unhappy on Feb 3rd, 2014

The most money hungry doctor I have ever met. He "forgot" a piece of equipment in Manhattan when treating me in the Garden City office so I had to return another day. Still made me pay my specialty doctor copay. No apology. Six months later, I am still receiving bills in the mail.

|  Best MOHs surgeon I had  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2013

Went in office October 31st..Had MOHs done before..My dermatologist and primary care saying never seen such a fantastic job and healing with my ear lobe. The major problem I have is only the stages of the surgery and the miscommunication leading to me assuming massive damage was caused from the boca, but his expertise lead to minimal scarring and healing in only 6 weeks,,Amazing work! Back on December my credit card was rejected by billing I went in personally to settle the bill, In between I saw the Dr only to thank him but I only got screamed at saying how dare I talk to him unless I have an appointment..I felt treated like some idiot...If you need MOHs surgery read the handout play meek let him do the work keep your mouth shut and you will be in good hands. During the consultation divulge everything to avoid complications..I had three drs tell me they have never seen such fine work..You have to use this office but play dumb .you are the patient keep your mouth shut..Over all a top rated surgeon but realize the my case encountered complications ..leading to him to act hostile..The reply in the office should have been; I am too busy now,,the office staff will answer your concerns ..or the praise I meant to give him...In summary you will get amazing results from this top rated surgeon..but realize your place a no nothing patient listen to him and he will get it done,,Look at it this way I would have a person like this resolving a problem them mediocrity that I had in the past,,Amazing MOHs work . Out of three I had this surgery yelled the best results!

|  Never again!  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Rokhsar has poor bedside manner and a condescending attitude. He Was not helpful in recommending treatment for diagnosis or steps following treatment. I had to ask several questions regarding treatment procedures, that should have been explained giving the diagnosis. When answering my questions he seemed annoyed, and answered in a condescending manner. I would not recommend him at all.

Mar 22nd, 2013

Strongly advise against this person, had a horrific experience with him. He advised a fraxel laser in regards to my issue and was very cordial via email correspondences. After having the treatment done, I was left with all sorts of issues such as skin prone to redness, random grid lines from the laser on my temples, and overall looking much worse than before I went in for the treatment. Prior to going through with the procedure he told me that any potential side effects are "never permanent ". When I asked him about what was going on, he became defensive and rude claimed that perhaps I developed "rosacea". Every other doctor I saw since told me the response was a direct result of the fraxel laser and that this laser should never have been used on me to begin with. To this day, years after the laser procedure, I still have problems/irritated skin stemming from this laser and this salesman-like doctor's insistence that it would benefit me. I wish he would have asked me for a donation during the consultation rather than screwing me up, I would have gladly have gave it to him. Be weary of doctors who are more concerned with putting themselves on television than they are the welfare of patients.

|  Please with appointment  |  show details
by Amanda on Jan 24th, 2013

Dr. Rokhsar was a very patient and explained everything thoroughly and carefully to me. I was nervous at first but he was very personable and knowledgeable. He was very professional and strived to get me the best treatment and options possible. Overall very satisfied with my results and experience!

|  Best derm in the city!  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

I've always been self conscious about my stomach. I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs, but I've never been happy with my abs. I work out, but still have unwanted mid-section fat. I contemplated liposuction until I spoke to Dr. Rokhsar about it. He convinced me to try Zeltiq before undergoing surgery and it's the best advice I ever received. I still have another session to go, but the improvement and the results I can see so far are incredible!! I couldn't be more pleased!!

Aug 30th, 2012

Dr. Rokhsar has been my dermatologist for a couple of years now. He is caring and knowledgeable. I would absolutely recommend him for taking excellent care of your skin. His staff is also lovely.

Mar 18th, 2012

I went to this doctor about 2 weeks ago bc a friend referred me to him and he was amazing. Thorough, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. I had originally came for a cosmetic reason but I am now going to him for both general derm and cosmetic concerns. Absolutely wonderful experience and very short wait time. Whole office is very friendly and helpful!!

|  Did not deliver what was promise. Very expensive  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I had a laser treatment (Fraxel) done by Dr Rokhsar. I was told that the recovery is a week to 10 days which happened to be falls (a month ). I had a terrible acne due to the treatment. I had to take antibiotic to get through it and on top of that I had under my eye a wrinkle that was an outcome from the laser treatment when I asked the Dr how do I get read of it he said that I should go through another treatment which you can imagine I did not do. The treatment was expensive with no result . I will not recommend Dr Rockhsar to any one

Jan 3rd, 2012

My first visit I waited more than one hour to see the doctor, I should have realized then the doctor had little regard for his patients.

Dec 21st, 2011

Amazing doctor, I have been to about 3 or 4 Derms before finally finding him and they all had diagnosed me incorrectly. It took him about 2 minutes to review my symptoms and he told me exactly what I had and gave me the appropriate rx's. Finally cured! Couldn't be more grateful to him and his nurses were efficient and also amazing!

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2011

I see Dr. Rokhsar in his Garden City office and rarely have difficulty getting an appointment. I am usually seen in a timely manner in the office. He is always friendly as is his staff. I have rec'd Botox, fillers, and Fraxel laser; each with great efficacy. I feel very fortunate in having found Dr. Rokhsar and have recommended him to many friends. Excellent.

|  No ccomplaints here!  |  show details
by Lindsey on Nov 4th, 2010

Dr. Rokhsar is very knowledgeable, pleasant, courteous and an expert in just about every laser on the market. He will listen and address all your concerns, provide you with the best possible results, while never compromising your safety. You couldn't be in better hands!

|  great docto  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2010

great doctor great staff. highly recommend him

Jul 8th, 2010

If you have money and connections that can further his career, he will pay attention to you. If you come in for a skin check, have many questions, or aren't attractive, he will shuttle you out as quickly as possible. Horrible bedside manner. The nurses helped and cared for me far more than he did.

Doctor's Response

Patients should be aware that unfortunately disgruntled employees can pose as patients. Patients are encouraged to views all postings with a grain of salt.