Dermatologists
901 Stewart Ave
Ste 240
Garden City, NY 11530
516-512-7615
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

by Unhappy on Feb 3rd, 2014

The most money hungry doctor I have ever met. He "forgot" a piece of equipment in Manhattan when treating me in the Garden City office so I had to return another day. Still made me pay my specialty doctor copay. No apology. Six months later, I am still receiving bills in the mail.

|  Never again!  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Rokhsar has poor bedside manner and a condescending attitude. He Was not helpful in recommending treatment for diagnosis or steps following treatment. I had to ask several questions regarding treatment procedures, that should have been explained giving the diagnosis. When answering my questions he seemed annoyed, and answered in a condescending manner. I would not recommend him at all.

Mar 22nd, 2013

Strongly advise against this person, had a horrific experience with him. He advised a fraxel laser in regards to my issue and was very cordial via email correspondences. After having the treatment done, I was left with all sorts of issues such as skin prone to redness, random grid lines from the laser on my temples, and overall looking much worse than before I went in for the treatment. Prior to going through with the procedure he told me that any potential side effects are "never permanent ". When I asked him about what was going on, he became defensive and rude claimed that perhaps I developed "rosacea". Every other doctor I saw since told me the response was a direct result of the fraxel laser and that this laser should never have been used on me to begin with. To this day, years after the laser procedure, I still have problems/irritated skin stemming from this laser and this salesman-like doctor's insistence that it would benefit me. I wish he would have asked me for a donation during the consultation rather than screwing me up, I would have gladly have gave it to him. Be weary of doctors who are more concerned with putting themselves on television than they are the welfare of patients.

|  Did not deliver what was promise. Very expensive  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

I had a laser treatment (Fraxel) done by Dr Rokhsar. I was told that the recovery is a week to 10 days which happened to be falls (a month ). I had a terrible acne due to the treatment. I had to take antibiotic to get through it and on top of that I had under my eye a wrinkle that was an outcome from the laser treatment when I asked the Dr how do I get read of it he said that I should go through another treatment which you can imagine I did not do. The treatment was expensive with no result . I will not recommend Dr Rockhsar to any one

Jan 3rd, 2012

My first visit I waited more than one hour to see the doctor, I should have realized then the doctor had little regard for his patients.

Jul 8th, 2010

If you have money and connections that can further his career, he will pay attention to you. If you come in for a skin check, have many questions, or aren't attractive, he will shuttle you out as quickly as possible. Horrible bedside manner. The nurses helped and cared for me far more than he did.

Doctor's Response

Patients should be aware that unfortunately disgruntled employees can pose as patients. Patients are encouraged to views all postings with a grain of salt.