Dr. Camilo Cabrera MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Bradenton, FL

• Good
  • Bad

May 4th, 2016
A new chapter in my life
My previous primary care physician, Dr. Jose Acosta, who I saw for over 20 years, passed away & Dr. Acosta's office gave me Dr. Cabrera's name. I was hesitant to start over, but Dr. Cabrera was so nice, and willing to have me for a patient, I am happy I made this choice.

November 5th, 2015
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE TRYING TO GET AN APPOINTMENT
MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN REFERRED ME TO DR CABRERA DUE TO A PROBLEM WITH SWELLING IN MY FEET, ANKLES, AND LEGS, WHICH HAD BEEN VERY BAD FOR NEARLY 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT, AND WHICH MEDICINE DID NOT HELP. , THE VERY FIRST THING I WAS ASKED WHEN I CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT WAS WHETHER OR NOT I TOOK ANY PAIN MEDICATION. I REPLIED THAT I DID..... DUE TO: THE RESULTS OF A VERY BAD "TWISTED" FALL RESULTING IN A BROKEN HIP WHICH KEPT ME IN THE HOSPITAL FOR OVER A MONTH; AND ALSO DUE TO VERY SERIOUS ARTHRITIS, MUCH OF WHICH WAS BROUGHT ON DUE TO THE BROKEN HIP, AND ALSO SOME KIND OF CONGENITAL MALFORMATION THAT WAS FOUND IN MY SPINE THROUGH AN MRI. I STATED THAT I DIDN'T WANT AN APPOINTMENT FOR ANYTHING INVOLVING PAIN...... AND THAT SAID PAIN WAS BEING MANAGED BY A VERY GOOD PHYSICIAN. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THE SWELLING AND HOW WORRIED I WAS, BUT I WAS CUT OFF BY THE DOCTOR'S PHONE REPRESENTATIVE, WHO SAID THAT HE WOULD NOT SEE ANYONE WHO WAS TAKING ANY KIND OF PAIN MEDICATION. I REPLIED THAT I TOOK A VERY SMALL DOSE OF 4 PILLS OVER A 24 HOUR PERIOD, AND I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS DOCTOR WAS ACTING AS THOUGH ANYONE WHO HAD BEEN THE VICTIM OF A FALL, A CAR ACCIDENT, OR JUST PLAIN BAD HEALTH WAS BEING TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL, AND BEING REFUSED HELP! I REPEATED THAT A DOCTOR WAS MANAGING THE PAIN MEDICATION, AND THAT EVEN WITH THE 4 PAIN PILLS, MY PROBLEM WAS BAD ENOUGH THAT THE PAIN STILL INTERFERED GREATLY WITH MY HAVING A NORMAL LIFESTYLE AS I HAD PREVIOUSLY HAD BEFORE MY ACCIDENT. I CERTAINLY WAS NOT TAKING THEM FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT MY DOCTORS THOUGHT THIS MEDICATION WOULD HELP ME TO BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNINGS AND MOVE AROUND MY HOUSE, RATHER THAN BEING FORCED TO STAY IN BED OR IN A CHAIR BECAUSE GETTING UP TO DO ANYTHING WAS TOO PAINFUL!!!!! THIS DOCTOR'S BEHAVIOR WAS SUCH AN INSULT TO THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO SUFFER WITH PAIN DAY IN AND DAY OUT!! HE SHOULD GIVE THANKS TO GOD THAT EVIDENTLY HE HAS NEVER HAD TO ENDURE REAL PAIN IN HIS LIFETIME. HE SHOULD ALSO DO A HOSPITAL ROTATION SO HE CAN BE DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE POOR PATIENTS WHO ARE HAVING TO EXPERIENCE REAL PHYSICAL PAIN DUE TO A HEALTH PROBLEM, AN ACCIDENT, ETC. THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST HURTFUL THINGS THAT HAS EVER BEEN SAID AND INFERRED TO ME..... NOT TO EVEN MENTION THE CRUELTY OF ALSO DENYING SICK PEOPLE MEDICAL HELP! MOST DOCTORS TRY TO HELP SICK PEOPLE FEEL BETTER------- NOT MAKE THEM FEEL WORSE BY INFLICTING A MAJOR INSULT, IN ADDITION TO MAKING THEM SPEND MORE TIME WITHOUT TREATMENT SINCE I WILL NOW HAVE TO GO BACK TO MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN FOR ANOTHER REFERRAL.

November 24th, 2008
Do you want good bed side manner? Do you want a quality diagnosis? Then you want Dr. Cabrera!
I was in the worst pain in my life when I was admitted to HCA Blake Memorial,due to three herniated discs, and that's when I met Dr. Cabrera. He sent me up for an M.R.I., and the result was heartbreaking, I was also diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease. Dr. Cabrera seemed to care with a sincerity that is seldom seen in most medical environments. I'am an uninsured college student but the doc kept me there anyway and made sure that I was in no pain and that I was very comfortable. The doc also saw me after my stay, at his practice, and he has gone above and beyond his so called " call of duty" . If you where to ask me for my opinion on a practicing internal medicine specialist I would recomend Dr. Camilo Cabrera!

December 7th, 2016