Dr. Camilo Gomez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Camilo Gomez?

September 28th, 2016

Awesome Doc!!

He is very caring and relatable!! He is the best in his field and explain everything in a way that you can understand!! Wait maybe a little long but he is well worth it!!

April 12th, 2016

I did have bad migraines until I found Dr. Gomez. He found the medicine that took my headaches away and I haven't had another one in years. Thanks and I have sent people to him.

December 28th, 2015

He saved my life..3 Brain Aneurysms and a stroke

August 27th, 2015

If you are at Brookwood ask for a different Neurologist

I cannot believe this man has a license to practice medicine. My wife went to the ER and she was admitted for fear of a stroke. An MRI was completed and the doctor came in with his entourage and was in the room for 90 seconds to tell us it was not a stroke. He did not provide any insight into why she had these episodes that mimic a stroke and did not tell us what was going on. He kept her an additional day for observation and then discharged her as having type 2 diabetes which she does not have. I am going out of my way to make people understand this man should not be practicing medicine

April 21st, 2015

Good - Doctor - I trust

Great Doctor - of course I like no nonsense straight to the point.

April 16th, 2015

Absolutely the most caring and patient Doctor I have ever dealt with. My Mother was sent to him by another neurologist who was unable to perform the surgery needed due to the complexity of the procedure. He treated her with such kindness and compassion. He throughly explained what needed to be done, the risks of having the procedure and what she could expect if she opted out. He totally left the decision to her, without pressuring her. She decided to go ahead with it. The day of her surgery, he gathered all of us(her children) into a conference room and again showed us exactly what he would be doing, explained in detail the extremely high risks involved and what to expect after the surgery. He saved her life, literally. He met with us after the surgery and did not leave until he answered every question. At no time did he rush in and out. He spoke to my Mom with the utmost respect. I would put my life in his hands today.

February 12th, 2015

Performed angiogram and used star close clamp without my consent. The circulation was cut off to my leg for 4 days and developed blood clot. Femoral artery destroyed by emergency surgery that had to be performed All due to a procedure I really didn't need.

April 17th, 2014

Worst doctor ever...

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, had my husband scheduled for an placement of an arterial stent, took him to hospital they took my husband in were gone about 1 to 2 hours for a 30 minute procedure when he came back they had not implanted a stent, no reason was given as to why not, when I mentioned something I had heard from the nurse, this man got very belligerent, and acted a donkey sent my husband home. The only statement he made was whatever his problem is it is not neurological, so take him back to his primary neurologist" (Huh, what). Would not recommend him to anyone.

February 25th, 2014

GR .G CHANGED OUR LIFES

TO THE GREATEST DOCTOR ALIVE/THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.

January 20th, 2014

My hospital stay

I would never recommend this Doctor, even to my worst enemy. I was in pain and he wouldn't give me anything for it. My pain got so bad that my blood pressure went up very high. Five times the nurse took it she said it was high but the Dr. would not give me blood pressure medicine. I have a stent in my heart and I began to have chest pains and pain down my left arm, plus nausea. He was standing right in front of me while I was telling him I was having chest pains and he did nothing. I said I wanted to be released and he let me go. As soon as I got home I took my blood pressure medicine and my headache stooped and my chest pains and nausea went away. My husband and i found out that the nurses and Doctors listen to what you say in your hospital room. I believe that is one reason he would not give me life saving medicine. My sister called and I put her on speaker phone and she was telling me about the reviews on him. They were horrible. That was not my fault that he had bad reviews, but he took it out on me. I took my time to put this review on the internet in hope of saving someones life or just saving them the horrible experience I was put through by him and those nurses. I know nothing about an office visit because I will never go to him again. May Almighty God be his judge and repay his cruel treatment of me and so many others. He acted like he wanted to take my life instead of save it.

December 6th, 2013

First of all. Dr. Gomez's office manager and most of his staff are extremely rude. They give you the run around and point fingers at other people that "should be helping you" instead of doing their job and finding an answer for you. I have a blood clot in my brain which causes me to have SEVERE headaches. I called them everyday for a week so that I could get something prescribed. After 5 days the office manager spoke with me to tell me that she wouldn't be able to talk to Dr. Gomez until 5 days later. She was extremely rude to me to the point where my husband had called to see if he could figure out what was going on and why it wasn't being handled. She called me back and rudely stated "that's not how their office works and that nothing will be done until the following week" AFTER they told my husband they were calling something in. She told me that if my headaches continue to worsen or stay bad that I'm "always welcome to go to the ER." I asked if Dr. Gomez had a voicemail or email so I could let him know how rude she was and she replied that "she will give him the message but due to her being the office manager that that's all she can do." I will be finding me a new doctor. If this is how he condone's the behavior of his staff and especially if he supports it, then I don't and will not refer anyone to him AND I will not use him. His bedside manner was terrible in the hospital, but at my first doctor's visit out, he was nice. *Also, I'm not putting my name just in case it affects anything going on with my file. With them, you just never know. Especially with the staff that he has working for him.

August 12th, 2013

Dr. Gomez stayed in the office past hours with his radiologist to review our son's MRI and informed us that he needed a life saving surgery. He referred us to another specialist because it was such a risky surgery, but also contacted that doctor that evening personally himself. As it turned out, our son had a very large tumor that had to be removed. He even visited my son in the hospital twice after the other surgeon performed the operation to see how he was doing. The surgeon he referred us to is a miracle worker as well.. I can only say that our experience was a positive one and I would recommend this doctor. Had he not stayed on that evening and showed us the MRI and followed up with the other surgeon, we would have had a bad outcome. We are indebted to him and the others at Brookwood Hospital.