Dr. Candace Fortune MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

October 10th, 2016
BEWARE OF THIS OFFICE
I made an appointment about three months out (couldn't see me sooner) with Dr. Fortune. When my appointment finally arrived, they didn't even have me on their schedule OR in their system! When talking to the girl at the front desk, she said the old girl was fired and it was her fault and that she'll call me as soon as their is a cancellation and I'd be first in line. Well weeks later... of course I never heard from this office again. All this time and I could have seen someone else. BEWARE

March 23rd, 2016
Psychiatrist -checking me out
Not to sure how to read her. She went over all 16medications I brought in. She then very bluntly asked, what did I need with her? I explained few life change and said I needed help, still crying a lot of the time. Guess I insulted her because I used the word , therapist . She promptly told me she only managed meds and I did need to go to therapy too. I had no idea that she would not be helping me with therapy, found that very odd. Also, her office explain all about cancelling appointments, and even required that I leave a $100.00 deposit, which they have already taken off my credit card. Have 2nd appointment comming up, will hope it goes better.

March 26th, 2015
Terrible

September 27th, 2014
I have been in healthcare for years. I went to Dr. Fortune because my primary physician wanted me to seek advice from a psychiatrist for possible Adult ADD. When I went in, I handed Dr. Fortune some tests that I had taken online regarding the possible diagnosis. She looked at them and then asked some very basic questions. As I was speaking she did not even look at me. Along with that, she was doodling the entire time I was speaking to her. At the end of 35 minutes, in which I paid $285.00 cash, she handed me some paper work and asked me to return it in two weeks. I asked what I should do and she said that she would need to see me 5 or 6 times.. As I left, I looked down at the paperwork that Dr. Fortune asked me to fill out for our next appointment. It was the EXACT Adult ADD testing tool that I handed her at the beginning of our session. I went to my car in tears and dismay wondering what had just occurred. This woman is not fit to treat anybody!! It was truly my misfortune to see Dr. Fortune. It's too bad that your program doesn't allow you to give no stars.

January 13th, 2014
Dr Fortune is very knowledgeable and down to earth. She has helped me and my family. I highly recommend her if you need a psychiatrist.

February 14th, 2012
Unethical
This Dr. is not a good psychiatrist. She is cold,uncaring and not responsive. All she does is sit and listen and makes no comments or suggestions for improvement. Going to someone for this service, you would expect to at least feel that you are welcome and that you are getting some help for your issues.

December 13th, 2011
Horrible and very rude
I left my appointment after 15 minutes. She hardly made any eye contact with me. I could hardly hear her talking and wondered if she was even talking to me when she was asking questions. After her telling me to excersise more "work up a sweat" I decided I had enough! She took no consideration that I have an injury that keeps me from a stressful workout!Do not see her, go somewhere else!

August 30th, 2011
Last year was the very first year my 11 year old grandchild had success in school. The change is amazing. Dr. Fortune is caring,attentive and well educated. Pays attention to details. She provides refill perscriptions in a timely manner. Dr Fortune has come in on her day off to make sure the refills were ready for our vacation. Her staff is professional and considerate. Dr Fortune is on the ball. 4 years later my grandson still enjoys his visits.

July 14th, 2011
A complete waste of my time.
Miss Fortune, was anything but helpful. She lacked enthusiasm for her job and was overall arrogant and condescending. She could not make a proper diagnosis because she asked no questions; she presumed to know and have all the answers even after I informed her of my very reliably documented medical condition, which was not at all supported by her recommendations. I left there damaged, and will never return. This decision is supported by both my Therapist and Medical Doctor.

October 8th, 2010
As a patient,who treats both me and my son, I find Dr. Fortune herself to be of very high quality both in her professionalism with the patient during the appointment time and during treatment.I believe there have been past problems with non-medical office staff that will now be remedied with the change in practice location.

August 20th, 2010
I would not recommend Dr. Fortune to anyone. Over the course of two years she cancelled at least 5 appointments,on the last occasion she cancelled the appointment then the same day refused to refill a prescription for daily anti-depression meds for my teenage child on the grounds we did not have an appointment! Her behaviour is negligent at best.