inactive

Candace S Thurston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 30th, 2014
Great doc!
Almost 30 years ago Dr. Thurston delivered my first son. What a great, progressive, caring doctor!

August 9th, 2013
Okay C-Seciton but Erratic and Emotional Doctor.
Terrible bed side manners. She makes somewhat irrational decisions and is offended when asked to explain her analysis or logic. Good doctor if you don't ask questions. Bad doctor if your IQ is >90.

April 29th, 2013
She is an excellent doctor but her practice (Womens Physicians of Northern Virginia) is not very impressive. The staff takes things very casually, never calls back with lab results, and the wait times are awful. Very happy with the doctor but extremely disappointed with the staff. The rating is higher since its the doctor not the practice being rated here.

March 14th, 2012
Dr. Thurston is my hero!!
I found Dr. Thurston through my medicaid insurance. She is the DEFINITION of a PRO. She's been an OB for almost 30 years (or maybe even more, i can't remember exactly) and it shows. Aside from being 100% thorough, she's sweet, comforting, kind, understanding and funny. She was able to put me at ease throughout my entire pregnancy, and even after 16 hours of labor (+ 2 hours of pushing!) she came in and delivered my baby vaginally when most doctors would have rushed me to c-section even though it was perfectly healthy to continue vaginally. Most docs just want to get it over with, Dr. Thurston KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING. Some people are put on this Earth to do certain things. Dr. Thurston, I believe was meant to care for pregnany women and their growing babies. My girl was born and recieved an apgar of 8/9. She came to my recovery room to chat and check on me. At my 6 week check up, we laughed, they did a thorough check of everything to make sure I was healing properly. I cannot recommend this OB enough. I have genuine LOVE for this woman. And if I ever have another child, I want Dr. Thurston by my side again! Thank you, Dr. Thurston.

October 23rd, 2010
She messed up my delivery which turned into a c-section that wasn't done correctly so a week later it had to be fixed and I had an open wound 1.5 inches deep for about 10 weeks. She also messed up my sons circ. NOT RECOMMENDED!

July 19th, 2010
AMAZING
Dr. Candace Thurston is the most amazing and wonderful doctor in the world. She delivered both of my children. She is smart, caring, and is an excellent doctor.

January 22nd, 2009
THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE USA

July 8th, 2008
Quick appts and friendly staff
Dr. Thurston has delivered both of my children. She has very patient during labor and will allow a natural delivery when most other Drs. would immediately do a c-section. The office staff is very professional and friendly. It's a busy office. I like fast appointments. I don't mind waiting for a good Dr. She has a great sense of humor and is great to work with.