Dr. Candice Nelson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Candice Nelson?

January 28th, 2014

Terrible doctor, incompetent nurse.

Dr. Nelson was my kids' pediatrician for two years. During that time, she was consistently late (45 minutes and more waiting in the exam room), seemed burdened by simple questions about care, and became condescending when I requested procedures be explained to me before they were done on my children. She doesn't respect her patient's privacy - at a well child exam for both my son and daughter (7 and 11 years old) she lifted my daughter's gown and stated, "no breasts budding yet", then pulled down her underwear and said, "only doctors are allowed to touch you there". She didn't explain that she was about to expose my daughter and she didn't ask my son to be taken out of the room or even turn around. The last straw before we changed doctors came when she told my daughter that she needs to grow up in response to her stating that needles scared her. Also, her nurse came into the room at one appointment and administered a vaccine to my infant without verifying her identity or explaining what was happening. That office is a mess of unprofessional, sub-par providers.

June 6th, 2013

Not bad

I had questions about my sons health and what was going on. I called and left 3 messages and never recieved any communication at all. No call back or anything. We saw a resident and she was ruder than all get out and Dr. Nelson who was very friendly and nice only spent a minute in the room. I understand Dr. Nelson was letting the resident do her thing, but no communication really bugs me. I am starting to remember why I have always stuck with Avera...

September 30th, 2011

Very impressed. Dr. Nelson is an awesome physician and my children love her.

July 7th, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Candice Nelson. She is amazing with my children and always has the time for us and takes time for each of my children. She is a very caring person and extremely great pediatrician.

January 31st, 2017