Dr. Cara Dawson Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Cara Dawson?

RN, APNP

Posted on September 20th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Dawson over the last 11 years and find her to be a knowledgable and compassionate practioner. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and she immediately referred me to the correct medical specialist to treat my condition. Having been a nurse for 30 years I appreciate having a doctor I can trust. Dr. Dawson is that person. She is easy to talk too and never to busy discuss any health problem.

Patient

Posted on April 7th, 2016

Dr. Dawson has a very personable bedside manner. She is a good listener. I always feel confident in her diagnosis. I have been very please with the care I have received from Dr. Dawson. I have recommended her to family and friends.

Dissatisfied professional woman

Posted on November 10th, 2015

I am a 59 year old woman business owner in a high stress business who works out and has healthy eating habits. I am changing docs as she makes me feel like an old granny and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get prescription refills (on no brainer meds like blood pressure meds) without a major hassle.

Slow or poor response to questions. Voicemail only mode of communication. No follow up.

Posted on August 12th, 2015

Seeing the Dr. was only 1/4 of the process. This Dr. is impossible to get ahold of, has voicemail for phone calls and does not respond in timely fashion. It took over 9 days to receive return phone call for prescription. Also, no return phone call received over interaction of antibiotic with another medications. Poor customer service, to say the least.

Told my wife it wasn't possible to have the symptoms age did from Chronic Lyme Disease

Posted on April 1st, 2015

My wife had Dawson as her primary care. She was in intense pain and Cara did not ask many questions but began pushing on my wife's back in painful places. When my wife asked her to stop, she got angry saying that she can't to an exam if my wife is in this much pain. I had to remind her twice just to be kind and eventually she said that my wife was in "too bad a state" and sent us to the E.R. Seemingly so she wouldn't have to deal with something she couldn't figure out. We have switches doctors and are 5 months into treating Chronic Lyme Disease, something Dr. Dawson didn't even consider. She is not helpful, rather detrimental to someone's recovery process. I would recommend anyone but her as she actually has trouble being kind as well. I hope this helps someone to steer clear in the future as I wish we would have known to.

Very unpleasant experience

Posted on July 16th, 2014

Worst experience with a doctor. Waited 45 minutes in reception area. Dr Dawson didn't listen to my concerns. Very rushed. She lectured me and told me what I was going to do. After her lecture she forgot or failed to order the test she had told me she would be performing. She needs to find a new career -one where she doesn't have to deal with people.

Excellent diagnostician

Posted on October 28th, 2013

Always accurate in her diagnosis. Great follow-up. Caring office and staff.

Same rushed experience as some other patients

Posted on June 4th, 2013

Always felt rushed during appointment, and not able to really address issues of concern to me. Dr. Dawson always seemed rushed. My medical records, sometimes were not accurate, nor current. Have left her practice.

Be warned!!

Posted on October 31st, 2012

Wish I would have read the reviews before going. Dr Dawson clearly does not seem to like her job--or her patients?!! She seemed rushed and I'm happy that I am not the only one who actually found her really rude!!! If you want a caring, thorough dr do not go to her :(

Yikes

Posted on September 21st, 2012

If you want any kind of decent bedside manner, this DR is NOT for you. Please save yourself the time and copay and go to someone caring, professional and a good clinician. I can't believe she is still in business! She is rushed and seems burned out and it turned out she missed some important medical details. I strongly recommend not seeing this terrible doctor!!

Posted on February 22nd, 2012

My overall experience was excellent. The diagnosis was quick and then all the follow up of getting an MRI, and physical therapy was easy- no details were left out so that I had to wait further for hel p

Posted on October 13th, 2011

I do feel somewhat bad rating Dr Dawson so low as the first appointment that I had with her I felt as though she was caring, professional, and an all around good doctor who went above the call of duty. My second, third, and fourth visits however have left me with a bad taste in my mouth and a need to let people know what they are getting themselves into if they're looking to having her as a PCP.Dr Dawson's nurse has got to be the least professional woman I have ever encountered in the medical profession; her attitude, choice of words, and all around bed side manner are awful! I would be able to let her and her attitude issue slide if I could deal with my doctor personally with particular issues. That being said, you cannot deal with Dr Dawson personally unless you make an office visit which as mentioned in another post is something that must be scheduled at least a week, sometimes, two weeks in advance. When you do get into the office for an appointment, you will be waiting in the waiting room for at least 20 minutes when you get there and I would venture to say another 15-20 minutes once you are in the room. I will be leaving this doctors office IMMEDIATELY!!!! If you like a hassle free office to seek help from when youre already feeling sick, this is not the place for you!!