Dr. Cara Ferguson Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Cara Ferguson?

Very Through

Posted on October 24th, 2017

I feel that she has my best interest at heart and is up on all new medical options and medications. The only thing that I don't care for is the long wait time in her office. It would be a 5 STAR if not for that.

Very Pleased

Posted on January 30th, 2016

Once you are an established patient there is no problem getting an appointment. The only thing that I do not care for is the wait time however she is a great Dr and worth the wait.

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

A great person and DR.

Posted on May 14th, 2015

I like Dr. Ferguson so much that I now live 3.5 hrs. away and still go to Dr. Ferguson she checks everything. She cares for you.

Posted on March 10th, 2015

Left Dr Ferguson's office feeling like a patient and not a number. She spent time with me and did a thorough examination. Would recommend her to my dearest friends and family.

Posted on September 24th, 2014

This is a very expensive practice! An appointment....then lab work...then another appointment to discuss lab work when each time it was completely normal! 3 separate charges billed to my insurance company. Lab work every six months for no reason when previous labs were completely normal. Dr. Ferguson puts too many decisions in the patient's hands instead of offering advice on what she feels is in the patient's best interest. I have a new physician now that does routine lab work once a year and calls with the results instead of billing me for an unnecessary appointment. I owe Dr. Ferguson an exorbitant amount of money beyond my insurance and I have excellent coverage. I never should have let this practice demand so many follow up appointments. On one occasion I called for a refill on a medication Dr. Ferguson had given me with only a months supply,,,when I called for a refill I was told I would have to make an appointment! I stated that I was just there a month ago but I was told...."I am sorry...you will have to make an appointment". I did because I needed the medication and they knew that! That was my LAST appointment.

Posted on July 8th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr Ferguson's for a couple of years. I immediately had trouble with staff. They wouldn't let me make my own referrals as I have always done. And all the follow up appts they required. The office manager said to me that I should think I would be happy that the dr has that kind of interest and also suggested that I may be happier going to another Dr!! I was dumbfounded! When I would call the office with a problem it was like trying to break out of jail to get to her!! And they would drill me like the gestapo!! I resent being treated like this. THEY are not the Dr! I also had trouble with the billing woman. Keeping in mind I have never had to pay anything but co pay all my life. I worked for an excellent company. When I got hit with a bill that was not normal I called my insurance and they called the billing woman with me on the phone..When she couldn't explain the bill to me so that I could understand she said to me...I've wasted enough time on you and these phone calls!! I still don't understand their billing!! But I stayed because I liked Dr Ferguson very much. She is attentive and listens and has gotten me thru a couple of bad times. She does talk fast and I have to ask her to slow down lol but she is very thorough! I also like the nursing staff!! It just seems to be the clerical and managerial staff that was the problem. There have been some changes so it's been a little better.

Doctor nice but office staff difficult

Posted on April 1st, 2014

Let me start by saying that Dr. Ferguson was very nice and attentive. Willing to listen and do her best to educate you on different options, etc. all while letting you be actively involved in the decisions on treatment and next steps. The challenging & frustrating part is getting to Dr. Ferguson. Just making an appointment took me three phone calls because the person answering the phone (Fran) couldn't make an appointment and I never received a follow up/return call. Then once I arrived I waited at least 30 minutes before being called back and another 15 minutes in the room. It's frustrating to have to wait so long for a visit that lasts 15-20 minutes at most. If you are looking for a good doctor and have patience to deal with the slowness and difficult staff then this practice will be a good one for you.

Highly Recommend !!!!!

Posted on October 25th, 2013

Dr. Ferguson literally saved my life by ordering the RIGHT tests to diagnose my disease. I casually mentioned some changes I was experiencing recently at an annual exam. She ordered some tests that diagnosed my condition 2 to 4 years before symptoms would have occurred. My disease is so rare that it may have gone undiagnosed if not for Dr. Ferguson's instincts and knowledge. The specialist I needed to see gave me an appointment 2 months into the future and Dr. Ferguson moved it up to 10 days. I highly recommend Dr. Ferguson because she is a great listener. That is what it takes to be successful at everything !!

Dr. Ferguson is awesome!!!

Posted on April 16th, 2013

Dr. Cara Ferguson is absolutely the most professional, knowledgeable, efficient, kind and attentive primary physician I have ever experienced. My husband visited Dr. Ferguson with symptoms of pain in his neck, shoulders and arm, at which time Dr. Ferguson sent him for an X-ray, then an MRI. On the day of the MRI, we were called into her office to discuss the results. Dr. Ferguson explained the radiologist has seen a “spot” and would like to do a second MRI and focus on the brain. The Brain MRI was completed the next morning and Dr. Ferguson called us back in her office the SAME day. Per the Radiologist, the MRI determined there is a “mass” in the brain that most likely would require a biopsy and/or be removed. We chose Duke for this procedure so Dr. Ferguson’s professional and efficient staff contacted Duke immediately and called us the following morning saying Duke would call us the SAME day…they DID (it was from the Intake Doctor). The following day, we received another call from the Intake Doctor informing us that the MRI showed a tumor and it would require removal. Everyone, including my husband and myself, expeditiously provided Duke with all records and information necessary in handling our case. We were informed by Duke that we could expect a call, perhaps today, from the neurosurgeon advising us of the date of surgery. It is our belief that Dr. Ferguson’s immediate response to my husband’s situation (this entire process has taken less than a week including the weekend) and through God’s healing Grace, my husband’s tumor will be successfully surgically removed and we have a positive attitude through Faith in God that he will not need any further treatment. We are most appreciative of Dr. Ferguson and her staff and give praises to our Heavenly Father, the great Physician for guiding us through the difficult time.

Office staff difficult

Posted on January 21st, 2012

This doctor insists that only THEY can do referrals to specialists even if you have a PPO plan. They also insist on follow up visits even if not needed this is just extra billing for their office and less in my pocket. Referrals often take a week or more, even if urgent. Doctor is young, new practice

Posted on January 2nd, 2012

During my 2 visits with DR. Ferguson she has been very thorough in her exam and very clear in her diagnoses and prognoses. I have also found the staff polite and efficient.